Solutions ArchitectJob ID 7837 Date posted 12/02/2024 Date closes 26/02/2024 City SOUTHAMPTON State HAMPSHIRE Country United Kingdom Job Type Full Time
We recognise the value in having people with a variety of backgrounds, experience and skills in our business. That means the role requirements here should be seen as a guide, not a checklist. If you have more, less or different experiences, but really relevant skills, we’d love to hear from you.
We work flexibly and will help you to find a healthy balance of remote working and time in our fantastic Southampton office, collaborating, taking part in events and getting to know people that makes working with us so rewarding. We welcome the opportunity to discuss reduced hours and job share arrangements.
The Solution Architect role is to define the solution architecture for Carnival UK projects, providing technical design services to the project team. The role will identify the overall design of applications and map business requirements to systems/technical requirements.
- supporting the optimisation of CUK Technology system architecture, through the understanding of technology capabilities and business needs, and provide architectural leadership to business and technology stakeholders on assigned projects.
- cover all typical architecture views including: Business capabilities, System overview, Application Architecture, Information Architecture – integration, interfaces and data, Functional Architecture, and Infrastructure Architecture
- Lead assigned project technical workstreams across supplier evaluation, governance and assurance – working with suppliers to define the end-to-end architecture and assess the supplier’s detailed solution and implementation approach.
Our role categories range from CUK15 (entry level) to CUK1 (Brand President) so you can clearly see internal development opportunities. This role is a CUK07 and is offered on a full time, permanent basis with hybrid working in our Southampton office three days a week.
Fresh ideas and different perspectives are what excite us most and help us to succeed. Alongside bringing these to the role, you’ll also need:
- Experience within solution design and architecture.
- Be able to produce clear and concise documentation of technical architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of design and integration principles for relational databases.
- Experience of server-side and end-user application architecture and design.
- Proficient understanding of architecture principles and application.
- Experience in collaborating with a large team of Architects and SMEs across the wider Technology and the Business.
Being part of our team has its advantages…
We’re a holiday company so we know there’s more to life than work. Our comprehensive range of benefits are designed to help your personal and financial health and wellbeing.
- A friendly welcome with help settling in
- Home and office-based hybrid working
- Regular office events including live entertainment, lifestyle events and charity partner fundraisers
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- Annual bonus
- Minimum 25 days leave, bank holiday allowance and holiday trading scheme
- Employee-led networks
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition scheme with prizes and awards
- Employee Discounted Cruising plus Friends and Family offers
- Contributory Defined Contribution Pension scheme
- Company paid private medical and dental insurance and health assessment
- In-house Occupational Health help and access to digital GP
- Life Assurance
- Parental and adoption leave
- Employee Shares Plan
- Electric Car and Cycle to Work schemes
- Onsite restaurant offering range of healthy cooked and grab and go meals
- Discounted retail and leisure via discounts portal
Please note: Being able to create unforgettable holiday happiness is a brilliant opportunity so we often receive high volumes of applications for our roles. In these cases we may close our job adverts early and aren’t able to consider applications once this happens.
#Job Functions: Information Technology