Marine EngineerJob ID 7835 Date posted 12/02/2024 Date closes 25/02/2024 City SOUTHAMPTON State HAMPSHIRE Country United Kingdom Job Type Full Time
We recognise the value in having people with a variety of backgrounds, experience and skills in our business. That means the role requirements here should be seen as a guide, not a checklist. If you have more, less or different experiences, but really relevant skills, we’d love to hear from you.
We work flexibly and will help you to find a healthy balance of remote working and time in our fantastic Southampton office where you will be based, as well as our other office locations, collaborating, taking part in events and getting to know people that makes working with us so rewarding. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible hours.
At Carnival Corporate Shipbuilding, we manage the entire cruise ship-building process, from initial business opportunity to post-delivery warranty for all brands of Carnival Corporation, the world’s largest cruise company.
To enable Corporate Shipbuilding to be successful, we’re looking for a Marine Engineer that will provide and apply technical expertise in marine engineering to the design, construction and conversion of passenger vessels and to the operation of the existing fleet.
- You will join us as part of the Technical team as a subject matter expert in the design and development of new vessels, assist in negotiation of specifications and associated documents with builders, contractors and operating companies.
- You will use your expertise in the design development, system design and evaluation of equipment specifications to ensure that all statutory and company safety and operational standards and requirements are observed throughout. This includes working in collaboration with the relevant departments of each brand within Carnival Corporation.
- You will use your experience and knowledge t0 review drawings, diagrams and other technical submissions and approve minor technical adjustments that may be identified.
- You’ll use your initiative to keep on top of all relevant legislation and company regulations whether in force, coming into force or under consideration and highlight where this could affect the design development of the vessels under design, construction or conversion.
Our role categories range from CCS15 (entry level) to CCS1 (Senior Vice President) so you can clearly see internal development opportunities. This role is a CCS07 and is offered on a full time basis in Carnival House, Southampton, currently running on a hybrid scheme , with a minimum of three days a week spent working in onsite, with one of those days being a Wednesday. Due to the nature of the work we do in Corporate Shipbuilding, onsite also includes working in shipyards, on ships, visiting suppliers etc as well as Carnival House in Southampton.
Fresh ideas and different perspectives are what excite us most and help us to succeed. Alongside bringing these to the role, you’ll also need:
- Significant experience as an machinery and ship systems design engineer preferably for cruise vessels or a senior role as a sea-going engineer on a cruise vessel.
- Ability to assimilate, critically examine and analyse technical information and make informed recommendations with that information.
- Involvement with inspecting to classification society regulations, developing shipbuilding specifications and commissioning of systems and equipment.
- Experience of negotiating with external parties, including authorities, flag and classification societies and dealing with marine suppliers, shipyard management and marine sub-contractors.
Being part of our team has its advantages…
We’re a holiday company so we know there’s more to life than work. Our comprehensive range of benefits are designed to help your personal and financial health and wellbeing.
Please note: Being able to create unforgettable holiday happiness is a brilliant opportunity so we often receive high volumes of applications for our roles. In these cases we may close our job adverts early and aren’t able to consider applications once this happens.
#Job Functions: Business Development; Engineering; Project Management