Entertainment Booking Consultant - CunardJob ID 7824 Date posted 10/02/2024 Date closes 25/02/2024 City SOUTHAMPTON State HAMPSHIRE Country United Kingdom Job Type Full Time
With a fascinating history dating back over 180 years – no one knows the world, or our ships, better than we do. They have always been The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World. As we look ahead to our 4th ship joining the Cunard fleet in 2024, it’s an exciting time to join us as we shape our future.
We recognise the value in having people with a variety of backgrounds, experience, and skills in our business. That means the role requirements here should be seen as a guide, not a checklist. If you have more, less, or different experiences, but relevant skills, we’d love to hear from you.
We work flexibly and will help you to find a healthy balance of remote working and time in our fantastic Southampton office, collaborating, taking part in events, and getting to know people that makes working with us so rewarding.
Our entertainment programme is world renowned for its variety and quality.
This role will play a key part in delivering exceptional experiences for our guests as the Entertainment Booking Consultant is responsible for engaging a varied International Entertainment Product - from established vocalists to inspiring speakers and other related entertainment product.
- Work in conjunction with the Entertainment Booking Manager and shipboard Entertainment Directors to source and contract entertainers, considering guest demographic, ship deployment and brand strategy to bespoke your specific ship offering, acting as the primary liaison for your ship.
- Ensure there is clear communication between ship and shoreside to capture onboard feedback, understanding your ship's opportunities and limitations to effectively engage and plan talent onboard.
- Be responsible in making sure that quality entertainment is booked to agreed timelines and will report against financial and customer feedback targets. Flagging any risks to the Entertainment Booking Manager to ensure a consistent programme can be delivered throughout the year on time and within budget, irrespective of ship.
Fresh ideas and different perspectives are what excite us most and help us to succeed. Alongside bringing these to the role, you’ll also be:
- A passionate, creative and organised individual with a background within the entertainment and/or leisure sector. With a proven track record of engaging a wide range of entertainment programmes within a multi-venue medium/large size resort.
- Effective at planning through strong coordination, communication and organisation skills.
- Able to successfully find and plan the best talent in line with the brand vision and be able to respond to trends and identifying future entertainment opportunities.
This role has been levelled at a CUK09 and is offered on a full time permanent basis, with hybrid working in our Southampton office (min. 3 days a week based in the office). Some travel will also be required including ship visits.
Being part of our team has its advantages…
We’re a holiday company so we know there’s more to life than work. Our comprehensive range of benefits are designed to help your personal and financial health and wellbeing.
- Home and office-based hybrid working
- Recognition scheme with prizes and awards
- Employee Discounted Cruising plus Friends and Family offers
- Regular office events including live entertainment, lifestyle events and charity partner fundraisers
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- Employee-led networks
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programmes
- Company paid Health Cash Plan and health assessment
- In-house Occupational Health help and access to digital GP
- Life Assurance
- Parental and adoption leave
- Employee Shares Plan
- Electric Car and Cycle to Work schemes
- Onsite restaurant offering range of healthy cooked and grab and go meals
- Discounted retail and leisure via discounts portal
- Minimum 25 days leave, bank holiday allowance and holiday trading scheme
- Contributory Defined Contribution Pension scheme
- A friendly welcome with help settling in
Please note: Being able to create unforgettable holiday happiness is a brilliant opportunity so we often receive high volumes of applications for our roles. In these cases we may close our job adverts early and aren’t able to consider applications once this happens.
#Job Functions: Project Management ; Art / Creative; Administrative