Data ScientistJob ID 5246 Date posted 25/01/2023 Date closes 08/02/2023 City SOUTHAMPTON State HAMPSHIRE Country United Kingdom Job Type Full Time
We recognise the value in having people with a variety of backgrounds, experience and skills in our business. That means the role requirements here should be seen as a guide, not a checklist. If you have more, less or different experiences, but really relevant skills, we’d love to hear from you.
We work flexibly and will support you to find a healthy balance of remote working and time in our fantastic Southampton office, collaborating, taking part in events and developing the social connections that make working with us so rewarding. We welcome the opportunity to discuss reduced hours and job share arrangements.
As Data Scientist you will be a member of the Carnival UK Data Science team, specifically focused on using your data science skills to optimise ROI of marketing spend across international markets. The role will primarily support Marketing teams in developing their above the line marketing strategies through the use of econometric modelling and other marketing effectiveness analytics to provide understanding of the ROI across all marketing channels.
From this you will optimise spend across all channels in order to maximise the reach and effectiveness of marketing activities and therefore to drive the best possible ROI for the business.
This will involve incorporating new data sources into existing models as well as developing new models to enable more effective marketing and business strategies. You will also collaborate with Data Scientists from our sister brands to develop data science assets together and share knowledge. Although the role is primarily in Marketing Effectiveness it may also stretch to other areas of Data Science as required.
- Work as part of a cross-brand team and lead the development and application of predictive and explanatory models within the Data Science team to support and develop marketing strategies.
- Work closely with other scientists, digital team and marketers to share knowledge, evaluate opportunities and pro-actively recommend improvements in data, systems, experimentation and propositions.
- Build relationships with commercial and brand teams at all levels to understand objectives, operational needs, development plans and commercial performance to grow the influence of Data Science in the business.
- Develop and embed insights, reports and approaches to enhance knowledge of marketing effectiveness, and how this changes over time.
- Lead the measurement of commercial initiatives’ and campaigns’ impact on guest acquisition, retention and profitability. Proactively seek out opportunities to influence initiative and marketing plans to include effective KPIs and report on their progress against these measures.
- Lead test and learn approach, influencing key stakeholders to engage with insights early in the design process and seek out opportunities to demonstrate the value of scientific measurement.
- Build and iterate econometric models and other marketing effectiveness analytics using appropriate statistical and machine learning techniques. Work individually and with other data scientists on projects, building models and rolling out insights into the business.
Our role categories range from CUK15 (entry level) to CUK1 (Brand President) so you can clearly see internal development opportunities. This role is a CUK08 and is offered on a full time, permanent basis with at least two days based in our Southampton office.
Fresh ideas and different perspectives are what excite us most and support us to succeed. Alongside bringing these to the role, you’ll also need:
- Excellent mathematical, computer and analytical skills.
- Strong, demonstrable experience with R/Python & SQL
- Proven academic or business experience in applying research and other advanced methodologies to solve complex issues / strategic business problems.
- Very strong analytical, statistical and modelling skills, with experience manipulating and ‘making sense’ of data from disparate systems.
- Experience communicating and collaborating with technical and non-technical colleagues and/or stakeholders
Being part of our team has its benefits…
We’re a holiday company so we know there’s more to life than work. Our comprehensive range of benefits are designed to help support your personal and financial health and wellbeing.
- A warm welcome with full support settling in
- Home and office-based hybrid working (minimum two office days)
- Annual bonus
- Regular office events including live entertainment, lifestyle events and charity partner fundraisers
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- Minimum 25 days leave, bank holiday allowance and holiday trading scheme
- Employee-led networks
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition scheme with prizes and awards
- Employee Discounted Cruising plus Friends and Family offers
- Contributory Defined Contribution Pension scheme
- Company paid Health Cash Plan and health assessment
- In-house Occupational Health support and access to digital GP
- Life Assurance
- Parental and adoption leave
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Employee Shares Plan
- Electric Car and Cycle to Work schemes
- Onsite restaurant offering range of healthy cooked and grab and go meals
- Discounted retail and leisure via discounts portal