Warehouse Manager, ShanghaiJob ID 4736 Date posted 22/09/2022 Date closes 06/10/2022 City Shanghai State Country China Job Type Full Time
Carnival Corporate Shipbuilding (CCS) is underway with its long-term strategy, which involves shipbuilding activities in China. We are looking for a Warehouse Manager who will be based in Shanghai to support the delivery of the Corporate Shipbuilding activities within this location. The Warehouse Manager will report into the Build Manager and will work closely with the Owner Supply Manager and support our Project Management Team to successfully deliver the highly complex, multimillion-dollar new cruise ships under construction for Carnival Corporation in Shanghai. The primary purpose of this role will be to provide a fully managed warehouse service within the shipyard that facilitates the receipt of Owner Supply materials and their subsequent transfer onboard the ships during construction.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with shipyard personnel, owners Project Management team and the Owner Supply Manager, receive and process all Owner Supply orders.
- Perform initial inspections of deliveries to ensure the general requirements of each order have been fulfilled.
- Provide regular reports and updates to management in respect of Owner Supply deliveries.
- Ensure the safe and secure storage of all Owner Supply materials, preventing any damage or injury and providing an efficient and effective stores operation.
- Provide detailed and timely reports to the Owner Supply Manager on any damage or loss to Owner Supply materials whilst in the shipyard.
- Working with the Owner Supply Manager and suppliers to resolve any discrepancies in Owner Supplier materials received at the shipyard.
- Facilitate the return to suppliers of any damaged materials by ensuring they are suitably packaged, and all appropriate documentation is completed correctly.
- Acting as one of the primary interfaces between the Owner’s sourcing and technical organisation and the shipyard’s onsite teams.
- Working with the shipyard and Project Team, to plan and coordinate the transfer, loading and installation) of Owner Supply materials from the storage locations to the vessel whilst ensuring the transfer is aligned to the ship building plans.
- Collate and maintain records of the weights of all Owner supply material received in shipyard and provide reports to Corporate Shipbuilding technical office of loaded weight and location on board vessel
We are looking for a person with a background in warehousing/logistics and supply chain management. You will have direct experience of managing a busy and complex warehouse facility and have a good working knowledge of and experience of material handling and goods inwards inspection processes. It will be important to have experience with logistics and supply chain software & systems and a high degree of proficiency in MS Office applications. A high degree of written and spoken English is required as well as proficiency in written and spoken Mandarin Chinese.
We look for all employees to be able to demonstrate our Culture Essentials:
- Speak Up:Set a direction for Corporate Shipbuilding, challenge yourself and others, be prepared to have challenging conversations
- Respect & Protect: Our Environment, ourselves and each other, our Stakeholders
- Improve: Communication and listening, teamwork and collaboration, focus on continuous improvement, diversity and inclusion
- Communicate: In a timely, honest and transparent way, build bridges between teams and stakeholders, make the time to engage with your colleagues
- Listen & Learn: Listen to Understand, lead by example, sharing & learning
- Empower: Trust your colleagues, support colleagues, recognise it is ok to make mistakes, it is how we learn
This position has been levelled at CCS08.
Corporate Shipbuilding’s core goal is to become the centre of excellence for newbuilds, refits, warranty and innovation for Carnival Corporation. In order to achieve this, we are looking to be the employer of choice in the shipbuilding industry, attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry. We are creating an inclusive culture where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves and develop and reach their potential.
Carnival Corporation & plc, the world’s largest leisure travel company, provides travellers around the globe with extraordinary vacations at an exceptional value. The company’s portfolio of global cruise line brands includes Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn, P&O Cruises (Australia), Costa Cruises, AIDA Cruises, P&O Cruises (UK) and Cunard.In Corporate Shipbuilding, we are passionate about building world class vessels for all of these brands. Our award-winning prestigious brands employ engaged and passionate people to deliver the highest customer service standards to our loyal customers. It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position in the cruise market. That’s why we look for people who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable. This is your chance to join us on our journey. With full support to enable you to realise your full potential we ensure your career with us is a successful and enjoyable one.