Senior Inspector, Marine Engineering & HVAC - ChinaJob ID 3599 Date posted 23/06/2022 Date closes 14/07/2022 City Shanghai State Country China Job Type Full Time
As a Senior Inspector you will work as part of the Site Management Team responsible for new build programs in China. You will supervise all construction, installation works, commissioning and acceptance of equipment / spaces related to marine engineering & HVAC, ensuring they are inspected, verified and functionally tested to meet the design parameters, quality objectives, Carnival standards and contractual requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for, depending on their respective discipline, providing inspections services within the marine engineering & HVAC disciplines during the construction, sea trials, ship readiness and post-delivery phases, including fine tuning to optimise systems of ships in service.
- Attending inspections based on the daily program, together with completing any specialist or complex requirements or resolution of issues.
- Being responsible, within their area of expertise, for ensuring assets are safe, protected, technically sound, maintainable and providing longevity in terms of asset management.
- Promoting company standards by ensuring accuracy of systems results.
To view the job description, please click here
We are looking for someone who is educated to degree level in their specialist discipline, with experience of working in the marine industry such as shipbuilding, classification societies or ship operators, technical suppliers, or an engineering firm in a position of accountability. You will need to be experienced in delivering inspections in marine engineering and HVAC.
We look for all employees to be able to demonstrate our Culture Essentials:
- Speak Up:Set a direction for Corporate Shipbuilding, challenge yourself and others, be prepared to have challenging conversations
- Respect & Protect: Our Environment, ourselves and each other, our Stakeholders
- Improve: Communication and listening, teamwork and collaboration, focus on continuous improvement, diversity and inclusion
- Communicate: In a timely, honest and transparent way, build bridges between teams and stakeholders, make the time to engage with your colleagues
- Listen & Learn: Listen to Understand, lead by example, sharing & learning
- Empower: Trust your colleagues, support colleagues, recognise it is ok to make mistakes, it is how we learn
This position has been levelled at CCS06.
Corporate Shipbuilding’s core goal is to become the centre of excellence for newbuilds, refits, asset management and innovation for Carnival Corporation. In order to achieve this, we are looking to be the employer of choice in the shipbuilding industry, attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry. We are creating an inclusive culture where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves and develop and reach their potential.
Carnival Corporation & plc, the world’s largest leisure travel company, provides travellers around the globe with extraordinary vacations at an exceptional value. The company’s portfolio of global cruise line brands includes Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn, P&O Cruises (Australia), Costa Cruises, AIDA Cruises, P&O Cruises (UK) and Cunard.In Corporate Shipbuilding, we are passionate about building world class vessels for all of these brands. Our award-winning prestigious brands employ engaged and passionate people to deliver the highest customer service standards to our loyal customers. It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position in the cruise market. That’s why we look for people who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable. This is your chance to join us on our journey. With full support to enable you to realise your full potential we ensure your career with us is a successful and enjoyable one.