Technical Business Intelligence AnalystJob ID 3927 Date posted 05/10/2022 City Seattle State WA Country United States Job Type Full Time
Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
We’re looking for an amazing asset management professional to fill this role, which is based in our Seattle office or remote. You’ll be responsible for utilizing native SQL as well as data connectors like Snowflake and TIBCO to provide analytical support to the Technical Asset Management team, constantly working to drive vessel asset performance improvement and inspire change initiatives across technical maintenance and inventory work-streams. Collect and Process in-service equipment reliability data. Track, report and provide recommendations to the relevant asset management teams on component reliability and failure rates. Review unplanned maintenance for failure modes.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its Technical BI Analyst. Is this you?
- Technical BI Analyst will be responsible for taking technical data and mining it to achieve valuable insights.
- Meeting with cross-functional stakeholders and recording data requirements into a Story format
- Writing data collection and processing procedures, including data definitions, to support data requirements.
- Ensuring data integrity of new queries and requirements meets specifications and that data is being correctly gathered, stored, and analyzed.
- Report findings to ships, management and/or Senior Leadership as required.
- Continually monitor data refreshes and data collection to support legacy projects.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Reliability Engineering, Business, Management, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or Computer and Information Science required
- Postgraduate degree in Industrial/Engineering Management, Operations Research, Decision Science or Reliability Engineering preferred
- 3 years of experience with business intelligence and 2 years of experience in an analytics role.
- 2 years’ work experience in Maritime, Energy, Chemical or Manufacturing industry preferred
- Advanced Excel and Tableau/Power BI required
- Python, Stata/R and MATLAB experience preferred
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to interact with external agencies, shipboard and shore side management & employees.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer business applications; internet technology; project planning; and management tools.
- Must be a self-starter capable of working under their own initiative and as part of a larger team with regular reporting and feedback communication.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/our-company/mission-values.html
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org