Senior Manager, Sales Strategy - Hybrid or RemoteJob ID 3507 Date posted 03/18/2022 City Seattle State WA Country United States Job Type Full Time
Welcome to Holland America Line, a premium cruise line dedicated to explorers, foodies and music lovers who want to explore the world on perfectly sized, refreshingly spacious ships filled with one-of-a-kind experiences.
We’re looking for an amazing sales professional to fill this role, which can be based remotely in the United States. You’ll be responsible forcapturing, prioritizing and communicating the Holland America Line commercial needs and requirements to the North America sales force. In this capacity, this individual will coordinate Sales’ participation in regularly scheduled Commercial Review meetings and interface with Revenue Management to develop and issue commercial tactics with identified Select Accounts. In addition, this role will develop and drive the over-arching group strategy for Holland America Line including oversight of the processes, procedures and approval of group concessions.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Line is looking for in its Senior Manager, Sales Strategy. Is this you?
- Capture and prioritize the company’s strategic and tactical commercial needs, and communicate to all retail segments of N.A. Sales.
- Develop and project manage all policy content for NA Sales
- Lead and coordinate N.A. Sales’ participation in regularly scheduled Commercial Review meetings including responses to meeting minutes and coordinating all resulting, broad commercial actions.
- Serve as N.A. Sales’ tactical SME and primary liaison to Revenue Management to assist sales representatives and sales management to formulate and present unique commercial opportunities.
- Oversee the Pinnacle Partner Program; lead enhancements and roll out of benefits.
- Liaise directly with Select agencies to undertake tactical and covert actions to address the company’s closer-in areas of need.
- Develop and execute the over-arching strategy for groups including formulation of the core, retail group program in collaboration with Revenue Management, Guest Programs and other involved departments.
- In collaboration with Sales Intelligence, build territory-specific targets at each product release for expected group haves and converted bookings including the development of supporting reports and analyses.
- Lead all aspects of the concession process including development and ownership of policies and procedures as well as assuring proper review and approval of all submitted requests.
- Supervise the Sales Group and Concession Coordinator providing direction and mentoring to achieve the coordinator’s fundamental objectives.
- As necessary act as a special advisor for sales management on special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of retail sales administration experience with 3+ years of revenue management experience
- Strong knowledge of the Holland America Line product(s)
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to lead and mentor direct reports
- Adept at building both internal and external relationships
- Strong negotiator
- Occasional travel to Select Accounts and for company sales meetings
- Strong knowledge of the Polar booking system, internal operational processes and BI reporting tools
- Ability to think critically and apply attention to detail
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture…Stronger Together
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/our-company/mission-values.html
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact email@example.com