Occupational Health and Safety SpecialistJob ID 7853 Date posted 02/12/2024 City Seattle State WA Country United States Job Type Full Time
Holland America Line has been exploring the world since 1873. Our ships offer innovative features and enriching experiences focused on destination exploration and personalized travel, inviting guests to savor the journey.
We’re looking for an amazing Occupational Health and Safety professional to fill this role. You’ll be responsible for producing the data visuals and data analysis for all safety related reporting done by the Fleet Safety Department and will be required to present analysis and trends within the operating line to the Director and VP. They will administrate all safety related software processes and systems including but not limited to chemical management, risk assessment and permit to work systems, and will be a liaison between users and the technical IT support. The Specialist will be tasked with research and assessments of safety regulatory and best practices, assisting with procedure development and request from shipboard teams, including distributing this information via the OHS Working Group. They will be required to assist the Director, Fleet Safety in identifying flag requirements, and adapting current process to implement legislative changes.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Line is looking for in its Occupational Health and Safety Specialist. Is this you?
- Review injury data fleetwide to provide proactive analysis. Support the Director with identifying and creating action plans and/or root cause analysis for OHS related audits / investigations.
- Prepare and present safety related reports to Director and VP
- Support the fleet with OHS related inspections and surveys
- Administration of OHS Safety Systems and processes
- Analysis of Flag requirements for procedure updates - identifying flag requirements and adapting current process to implement legislative changes.
- Forecast future trends utilizing Corporate wide data
- Assist Safety Managers in OHS related inspection planning and logistics
- 2+ years Safety Administrative Support
- Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Must be skilled and versed in the following:
- Office 365 software suite including:
- Power BI
- Power Automate
- Analytical problem solving
- Office 365 software suite including:
- Working in a collaborative environment
- Experience working between multiple departments and leadership within a corporate environment
What You Can Expect
Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Training & Professional Development
Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
Rewards & Incentives
Base Hourly Range: $64,700.00 to $87,400.00. The range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
Our Culture…Stronger Together
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/our-company/mission-values.html
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact email@example.com