Manager, MaritimeJob ID 5915 Date posted 03/16/2023 City Seattle State WA Country United States Job Type Full Time
Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
We’re looking for an amazing Manager, Maritime to fill this role, which is based in our Seattle office. You’ll be responsible for assisting the Head of Maritime Audit Services to ensure that shipboard operations and procedures are followed in accordance with the Safety Management System Corporate Standards and that relevant International, National, Flag State and Local Regulations are being followed.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its Manager, Maritime role. Is this you?
- Enter completed audit reports into the corporate tracking system for review and action
- To establish and maintain effective business relationships with operating management and to project a positive and pro-active image of Maritime Audit Services
- To assess follow-up and report on management's progress in implementing agreed upon opportunities
- To provide supervision, training and coaching to staff on an ongoing basis
- To undertake relevant training, networking and studies as required ensuring continuing professional development and adherence established maritime audit standards
- To perform investigations, as assigned
- To perform any other reasonable duties as and when required
- Assistance with planning the audit schedule, follow-up visits and other visits may require for the company, including focus reviews
- Meeting with the Governance / Compliance function to review the findings obtained during the audits
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Maritime/Environmental discipline major preferred
- Master Mariner and Marine Chief Engineer certification preferred
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisor role
- Minimum 2 years Sailing as Chief Officer on Passengers Vessel
- Minimum 2 years Sailing as first Engineer on Passenger Vessel
- Minimum 2 years sailing as Environmental officer
- Chief Officer License as per STCW or
- First Eng. Officer license as per STCW
- ISM Lead Auditor
- Environmental Skills & Abilities
What You Can Expect
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
- Base Salary Range: $99,900.00 to $134,900.00. The range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
Our Culture… Stronger Together
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/our-company/mission-values.html
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org