Manager, Engine Asset Management - Hybrid or Remote USJob ID 4194 Date posted 06/17/2022 City Seattle State WA Country United States Job Type Full Time
Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
We’re looking for an amazing marine engineerto fill this role, which is based in the United States, preferably Miami or Los Angeles areas. You’ll assist the Senior Manager in managing the maintenance and repair of the (main) engines in the fleet in a safe, compliant, efficient and cost-effective manner. Ensuring the availability of diesel generators and gas turbines will also support the Senior Manager in supervising and managing the maintenance contract(s).
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its Manager, Engine Asset Management. Is this you?
- Assists the Sr. Manager in the day to day operation of the maintenance contract in close collaboration with the engine manufacturers, the logistic team and the ship staff.
- Maintains oversight of inventory levels onboard and swing set levels as required by the contract.
- Manages the administration and oversees the logistic related to the maintenance contract, maintaining correct records.
- Liaises with the human resources, the engine manufacturers and the ship staff to organize on board attendance of technicians and riding crew, ensuring all the required documentation and applicable procedures in place.
- Assists the Sr. Manager in developing plans and modifications required to improve SFOC in cooperation with the engine manufacturers.
- Assists the Sr. Manager in developing fleet maintenance plan for Gas Turbines (GT) ensuring safe and efficient operation and availability, and in developing procedures and equipment enhancements to facilitate efficient and safe operation and maintenance of GT’s.
- Keeps track of fleet engine projects consistent with departmental objectives and initiatives.
- Maintains regular communication with the shore side safety, environmental and compliance departments to ensure awareness of current regulations and acts where appropriate.
- Oversees technical stores operations in local warehousing locations where stores pertaining to DG’s and GT’s are held to ensure appropriate condition and availability.
- Maintains regular communication with ship staff regarding DG’s & GT’s to ensure departmental objectives and initiatives are met.
- Maintains regular communication with Sr. Manager, providing regular updates to ensure his awareness of the current status of administrative and logistical aspects of the maintenance contract.
- Submits reports for senior management, as required.
- Directs human resources in ship staff training associated with the specialist field to ensure ship staff have appropriate skillsets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in passenger shipping technical management.
- Degree level qualification in Marine Engineering or equivalent sea going experience.
- Experience in operation, maintenance and repair of diesel engines and gas turbines.
- Familiarity with application of Class Society and Flag State rules.
- Manage technical files including service reports, machinery history and regulatory required documentation.
- Must be a self-starter capable of working under their own initiative and as part of a team with regular reporting and feedback communication.
- Familiar with the latest versions of AMOS (Planned Maintenance System) and AMOS based applications.
- Experience with data analytics, Microsoft office 365 applications and Power BI.
- Ability to travel as necessary for ships’ visit.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and work under pressure to maintain agreed project deadlines and budgets.
- Flexible with work schedule, well organized.
- Experience as a ship’s superintendent or technical manager preferred.
- Solid project management and relationship building experience to pull together and manage shipboard and shore side technical and commercial teams preferred.
- Commercial experience in project cost analysis and detailed return on investment calculation’s working with purchasing departments preferred.
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent preferred.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/our-company/mission-values.html
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org