Internal Communications SpecialistJob ID 1887 Date posted 08/27/2021 City Seattle State WA Country United States Job Type Full Time
Welcome to Holland America Line, a premium cruise line dedicated to explorers, foodies and music lovers who want to explore the world on perfectly sized, refreshingly spacious ships filled with one-of-a-kind experiences.
While cruising paused worldwide, we laid the groundwork to take our company to even greater success, with fresh perspectives and new ways of working. We’re looking for an Internal Communications Specialist to help lead our efforts. The Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for creating and delivering high-quality communications to educate, engage, and inform Holland America Line teammates (shipboard and shoreside) on the brand and guest experience, products, and services. The position may be required to support other writing and editing projects within the company as assigned and related to Seabourn and/or HA Group. The incumbent will develop and execute strategic communication goals and deliverables across multiple platforms, partnering with internal clients to deliver clear, relevant, timely, and engaging messages. The incumbent will ensure teammates are able to easily access the information they need to do their jobs by managing distribution of content using multiple communications channels.
The Internal Communications Specialist will work with teams across Holland America Line, with our office Seattle, WA, we’re looking for amazing humans across the country for this role. Holland America Line offers strong compensation and outstanding benefits including cruise travel.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Line is looking for in its Internal Communications Specialist. Is this you?
- Develops and creates effective internal communications that support business strategies and priorities, both shipboard and shoreside.
- Serves as central point of contact for client groups.
- Expands online and offline feedback channels; observes and measures feedback
- Manages distribution of messaging through various internal communications platforms, including publishing content to the company intranet, sending mass email messages, facilitating transfer of video content to our fleets, employee events, and social media platforms
- Leads the development, implementation, and evaluation of internal communication strategies and programs designed to motivate and align employees with the company vision, strategy, and core values
- Use company branding, writing style, and graphic direction in all communications.
- Keeps informed on information and latest developments concerning the company, department, and assigned projects, and updates management regarding potential barriers to success with ongoing projects.
- Proactively listens to and identifies issues that impede successful communication tactics, and seeks opportunities to get closer to our customers and find out what they need and value
- Works with team and IT to identify and implement industry leading solutions that achieve communication and business objectives.
- Anticipates changes in emerging technologies and best practices, and responds appropriately to enhance internal communications
- Clearly defines expectations and prioritizes own work.
- Builds trust with supervisor and among colleagues and communicates regularly to ensure mutual understanding and expectations.
- Collaborates effectively with work teams and takes necessary direction to meet goals.
- Maintains a positive attitude and is open to the opinions of others.
- Participates appropriately in a positive and proactive manner on project teams to accomplish goals; communicates effectively with team members and clients through regular status meetings and correspondence.
- Assists in defining project scope, required resources, and appropriate team members for success; adheres to the project plan and identifies risks that could impede project success.
- Manages deadlines and deliverables to ensure all elements of the project are delivered on schedule; promptly alerts supervisor if unforeseen obstacles arise and suggests possible solutions.
- Demonstrates flexibility and updates project plans when changes arise.
- Fosters a positive work environment.
- Embraces new process flows and methodologies for projects.
- Demonstrates integrity, fairness and professionalism in all business dealings.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Experience: Minimum 4-5 years of professional internal communications, corporate communications, and/or marketing communications experience in progressive roles. At least two years of writing for employee audiences strongly preferred. Expertise developing creative written, oral, and face-to-face communication, and managing editorial calendars and communications campaigns. Understanding of and experience with internal communications technologies, as well as defining requirements and representing the Internal Comms point of view in channel enhancements.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Well-developed planning, organizational, collaboration, communication, interpersonal, and project management skills. Strong problem-solving skills. Experience editing a business- and marketing-related communications. Exceptional proofreading skills. Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting priorities. Ability to write for readers at various educational, professional, and language proficiency levels. Ability to work independently and under general direction and interact comfortably and appropriately with management and subject-matter experts. Proficiency in the use of standard computer business applications, as well as content management systems and user posting interfaces required. Strong writer with knowledge of AP Style. Ability to work as part of a team when the business needs demand an all-hands on deck approach.
- Ability to take projects and assignments to the next level, showcasing new ideas and approaches, and generating different methods for presenting the company story
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of information architecture principles and the ability to structure and organize communications and information content
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture…Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/our-company/mission-values.html
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.