Fleet Compensation ManagerJob ID 7628 Date posted 01/16/2024 Date closes 02/23/2024 City Seattle State WA Country United States Job Type Full Time
Holland America Line has been exploring the world since 1873. Our ships offer innovative features and enriching experiences focused on destination exploration and personalized travel, inviting guests to savor the journey.
We’re looking for an amazing Compensation Manager to fill this role. You’ll be responsible to lead the fleet compensation team of Holland America Line and our sister brand Seabourn to design, plan and implements compensation programs, policies, and procedures for shipboard employees, and supports the greater organization’s strategies and objectives. This includes new rank review, salary structures design and reviews, incentive plans, and benchmark studies. Oversee the administration of the annual FOI (Fleet Officer Incentive) and equity plans for all participants, and the support the administration of the Carnival team when needed. Provides counsel to management regarding the application of sound compensation principles and practices and ensures compliance with legal requirements associated with compensation program design and administration and job classification. Working with the other team to ensure the Union negotiation process is supported by the fleet compensation team when necessary.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Line is looking for in its Compensation Manager, is this you.
- Design, develop, and implement compensation plans, programs, and policies for Fleet operations that are competitive with the identified market, internally equitable, and aligned with the company, brand, and business organization objectives.
- Understand the business needs and finding out the root cause with the operations team together, to design incentive plans that are competitive and reward appropriate behaviors and performance factors.
- Help establish the pay range and compensation structure based on market research and business performance.
- Collaborate with the ABG compensation team to support equity grants or other fleet compensation projects
- To be the expert on the compensation structures and policies for two cruise lines
- To be responsible for the data accuracy and approve the regular auditing results done by the team
- Improve the process or information system needs from the compensation perspective.
- Preparing communication and training material to help the internal customer understand compensation solutions and programs.
- Draft the policy document based on the business needs and review it with the Director.
- In compliance with all applicable regulations, laws and codes, ensures that compensation policies, plans and programs are administered and that job descriptions are developed, classified and maintained.
- Serve as a role model for company values, foster a positive work environment by exemplifying core values every day, and values teamwork and collaboration within People Team and broader organization.
- Assist senior management in communicating the company's culture in a consistent manner and directing it towards improved business results, considerations of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and relevant action plans are embedded in every aspect of the business and employee experience.
- Promote an inclusive and harassment-free environment.
- Demonstrate integrity, fairness and professionalism in all business dealings.
- Committed to success of others as much as oneself.
- Committed to developing capacity and competence of team.
- Flexibility in roles and duties to align with dynamic business needs.
- Openness to hearing other voices and seeking to understand as much as being understood.
- Degree in Finance, Human Resources Management, Business Administration
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) is strongly preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5 years’ experience in compensation specialized role with increasing level of responsibility
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leadership and management of a team
- Experience in hospitality, entertainment, or other leisure travel industry a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of compensation administration and project management
- Ability to manage the analysis of data and information collection methods to be applied against specific standards, compliance, or targets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to present to business leaders at Director level
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Global compensation knowledge is a plus
- Experience with HR information systems
What You Can Expect
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
- Base Hourly Range: $122,000.00 to $130,00.00. The range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
Our Culture…Stronger Together
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/our-company/mission-values.html
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org