Destination Services Product Analyst (Remote)Job ID 3939 Date posted 05/14/2022 City Seattle State WA Country United States Job Type Full Time
Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
We’re looking for an amazing destination services professional to fill this role, which is based in our Seattle or Santa Clarita office. You’ll be responsible for assisting in the development of destination-based guest programs for the HA Group portfolio of brands, including – shore excursions, pre/post hotel stays, overland tours and transfers and building and managing the inventory. This role will participate in destination and pre/post hotel product development, quality control, compliance, database maintenance, activity planning, costs audit, and shipboard support.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its Analyst, Product Destination Services. Is this you?
- Inventory Management and Optimization
- Build, manage, audit and negotiate tour inventory of up to 150,000 individual tour departures and 95,000 hotel room nights, including initial allotment build and waitlist management. Identify distress inventory whether due to waitlist or underperformance, and suggest content adjustments/cancellations as well as tour retail adjustments to drive volume. Produce reports and monitor inventory sales against plan for their region and actively seek opportunities for growth to ensure revenue targets are met or exceeded. This encompasses support for our Groups team.
- Market and Land Programs Planning
- Build the market and product planning activities and processes of assigned trades, ensuring that land products, hotels and cruise transfers are built in POLAR in an accurate and timely fashion. Maintain accurate and timely cost assumptions for land programs including product costs and tax calculations.
- Database Management, Planning & Operational Administration
- Manage Shorex Repository, MXP, pre/post database, tour and operator information, and compliance requirement items. Populate Tour Operator Gateway (TOG) in preparation of the RFP process as per the production schedule. Interface tour details and costs from bidding tool into database (MXP and the Shorex Repository) this includes shore excursions images processing based on guidance from Content Manager and Marketing. Provide product development department with necessary tools for analysis, forecasting and development.
- Manage itinerary changes and adjustments/cancellations for region of responsibility
- Promptly action itinerary changes by negotiating with vendors and adjusting inventory for new, changed, and/or cancelled calls. Work closely with Shore Excursion call center and shipboard teams to amend bookings and communicate updates to the guests and travel agents on changes and product-related information. Ensure communication to guests, travel agents and internal departments is accurate and timely.
- Customer service
- Bring critical information and issues to Management before they affect operations and productivity. Act as Call Center point of contact for tour, pre/post, and port information requirements. Handle inbound calls from Customer Service & Res Help, as well as Shore Excursion call center. Act as point of contact for ship staff onboard to assist with inquiries.
- Compliance & Quality assurance
- Audit to ensure data integrity between bidding tool and database. Prepare and manage reconciliation process for omitted tour operator appointments.
- Maintain and update manuals
- Review, update and create manuals and other reference materials including new procedures and job aids as required by system enhancements and/or process change
- Associate degree, Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years related experience. Shipboard or other travel industry experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Holland America, Seabourn and Princess products preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, POLAR, MXP and Lotus Notes.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proofing abilities. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Strong analytical capabilities with a high level of attention to detail.
- Technical ability and agility to navigate systems, learn and use web-based tools, troubleshoot and test.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment including sensitivity to cultural differences and diplomacy.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Holland America is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time (e.g., H-1B status)
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday (TBD)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/our-company/mission-values.html
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org