Business AnalystJob ID 1130 Date posted 06/17/2021 Date closes City Seattle State WA Country United States Job Type Full time
Welcome to Holland America Line, a premium cruise line dedicated to explorers, foodies and music lovers who want to explore the world on perfectly sized, refreshingly spacious ships filled with one-of-a-kind experiences.
While cruising paused worldwide, we laid the groundwork to take our company to even greater success, with fresh perspectives and new ways of working. We’re looking for Sr. Business Analyst to help lead our efforts, drive analytics efforts across multiple projects in order to find, develop and recommend actions that will generate incremental value for the organization.Execute thorough analyses utilizing the company’s multiple data sources and integrate business ideas with data insights into cohesive and valuable stories that drive profit and improve the guest experience. Participate in the sizing, design and planning of beta tests for new ideas. Define minimum viable products and perform tests to validate the impact of these ideas, as well as the feasibility of a scaled solution.Sr. Business Analyst will work with teams across Holland America Line, with our office Seattle, WA, we’re looking for amazing humans across the country for this role. Holland America Line offers strong compensation and outstanding benefits including cruise travel.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Line is looking for in its Sr. Business Analyst. Is this you?
- Perform data queries and analytics
- Develop stories using the insights from the analysis
- Perform sensitivity analysis and sizing of ideas
- Design and execute tests by collecting data from the ideas
- Participate in strategic discussions around new ideas and analysis
- MS or MBA preferred
- 4+ years preferred or proficient using Excel, pivot tables and optimization tools
- Experience with SQL or other data querying languages
- Experience with Tableau
- Knowledge of statistical foundations in order to properly analyze large amounts of data in a cohesive way
- Preferred experience with professional PowerPoint presentations and able to present data-driven results to people less familiar with numbers and data
- Coding experience preferred. Python or R are a plus
- Proactive and self-driven individual
- Proven capacity to deal with failure in a positive way
- Team player who prioritizes the team well-being above everything else
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time experience with data and deep analytics is preferred
- Minimum 2 years working on multidisciplinary teams in large corporations is preferred
- Experience in working with all levels including executive level at a large firm
- Preferred 1+ years in the Cruise or Hospitality industry
- Preferred experience developing prototypes or working with scrum teams to develop analytically driven solution
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact email@example.com.