Staff AccountantJob ID 933 Date posted 06/17/2021 Date closes City Santa Clarita State CA Country United States Job Type Full time
Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
While cruising paused worldwide, we laid the groundwork to take our brands to even greater success, with fresh perspectives and new ways of working. We’re looking for a Staff Accountant to help lead our efforts, Holland America Group is currently searching for a highly motivated Staff Accountant in Santa Clarita, who will work on the Shipboard Accounting team and be responsible for PCL and CAU onboard revenue and expense related Journal entries and reconciliations.
Staff Accountant will work with teams across Holland America Group, with reporting offices in Santa Clarita, CA, and Seattle, WA, we’re looking for amazing humans across the country for this role. HA Group offers strong compensation and outstanding benefits including cruise travel.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its Staff Accountant. Is this you?
- Participates in month-end close activities, including analysis for journal entry preparation while ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- In depth foreign currency analysis and journal entry preparation.
- Participates in month-end activities via communications and issue resolution, including bringing issues to management's attention before they affect productivity.
- Prepares and analyzes balance sheet reconciliations and supporting documentation with a focus on operational efficiencies and accounting compliance.
- Analyzes and prepares communication of internal and external month-end reporting (including standard reports and analytics.)
- Provides user support for systems/programs to both internal and external customers.
- Assists in resolving issues and answering questions for internal and external customers and prepares adhoc reports.
- Prioritizes workload as established by management and refocuses efforts to accomplish objectives independently, accurately and timely.
- Leads and/or participates in multiple projects, including the development of comprehensive project plans, and completes assignments within established timelines.
- Maintains current desk-top procedures for assigned responsibilities and ensures others are cross trained within the department.
- Participates in workflow and system enhancement design and implementations and ensures proper testing of related system revisions are within department standards.
- Performs/supports required SOX testing and provides related schedules and support to internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience.
- Two to three years of experience in a Finance related function.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organization and oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of internal controls (and Sarbanes Oxley as applicable).
- Knowledge of financial/ accounting systems, Oracle preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.