Senior Manager, LSAJob ID 681 Date posted 05/12/2021 Date closes City Santa Clarita State CA Country United States Job Type Full time
Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
While cruising paused worldwide, we laid the groundwork to take our company to even greater success, with fresh perspectives and new ways of working. We’re looking for a Senior Manager, LSA & Safety to help with our efforts, they will perform diversified and complex project tasks to support the Director, Lifesaving Appliances. Ensure the proper and timely support of fleet vessels with regard to Lifesaving Appliances, via individual vessel managers and superintendents. Manage, and is responsible for, the fleet support team visits (Lifeboat and Davit Riding Teams) encompassing administrative duties and coordinates a variety of project activities. Provide support to the HA-group fleet for key lifesaving appliance issues, trend identification and problem prevention.
The Senior Manager will work with teams across Holland America Group, with reporting offices in Santa Clarita, CA, and Seattle, WA; we’re looking for amazing humans across the country for this role. HA Group offers strong compensation and outstanding benefits including cruise travel.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its Senior Manager, LSA & Safety. Is this you?
- Manage scheduling of external annual services for LSA with approved service providers for HA Group.
- Coordination of cabin bookings and security arrangements throughout all key stages of the tasks.
- Liaise with Senior Ship Officers and Superintendents to coordinate annual services and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with Flag State authorities and Classification Societies to coordinate annual services and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure timely follow-up of annual services for LSA is conducted by ship managers and superintendents for HA-group.
- Identification of common fleet-wide issues regarding LSA and propagation of best practices.
- Together with Director, Lifesaving Appliances, manage the programs of vessel visits for the Lifeboat and Davit Riding Teams.
- Assist Director, Lifesaving Appliances with the following:
- Dry-Dock oversight for fleet projects
- LSA budget development for fleet projects;
- LSA related incident, audit findings and fleet-impact follow-up.
- Raise requisitions in Amos as required.
- Work towards enhancing Amos standardization for LSA related work orders and components across HA Group.
- Collaborate closely with purchasing logistics department to ensure the on-time delivery onboard of project tools and materials.
- Serve as backup support for Director, Lifesaving Appliances as needed.
- Collaborate with LSA subject-matter experts for HA Group fleet support.
- Perform clerical duties required by departmental supervision.
- Degree level qualification in Marine Engineering, Nautical Science or equivalent seagoing experience
- 5 years of experience in passenger vessel management, onboard, shoreside or a combination thereof;
- Experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of lifesaving appliances;
- Project Management experience and team management experience essential;
- Commercial experience in project cost analysis and inter-departmental relationships for project completion;
- Maintenance of agreed deadlines and budgets for fleet and group projects;
- Highly proficient in computer business applications as well as project planning and management tools;
- Ability to perform job accurately and on time while working in a team or group environment.
- Familiarity of the application of Class Society & Flag State rules and regulations.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.