Senior Manager, DEI and CultureJob ID 479 Date posted 05/12/2021 Date closes City Santa Clarita State CA Country United States Job Type Full time
We welcome your interest in joining the Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corp. The Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). The Holland America Group (HA Group) operates a combined total of 35 cruise ships with over 50,000 employees worldwide. This position can be based in our offices in Santa Clarita, CA or Seattle, WA.
Holland America Group is currently searching for a highly motivated Manager, DEI and Culture who will provide strategic leadership in developing and implementing programs and initiatives that advance the DEI and Culture Action Plan to forward the culture transformation of HA Group. This position will be the institutional resource focused on developing change management strategies focused on infusing our Culture Essentials and DEI into all programs and activities, tracking progress towards this goal and communicating progress to all stakeholders. As a key member of the HR team, you also champion the company’s culture, values, and broader HR vision while partnering with our business leaders to help them build and sustain their organizations.
- In collaboration with the Director, L&D, partner with stakeholders to understand business needs and agree on learning and development strategies to meet agreed-upon business goals
- Develop and implement goals, policies, training, tools, change strategies, and accountability structures associated with change management, culture transformation and DEI programs
- Develop benchmarks and metrics for monitoring progress in advancing change management, culture transformation and diversity, equity and inclusion organizational goals
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to develop comprehensive diversity recruitment and retention strategies
- Act as a subject matter expert to identify and integrate DEI learning and development into business priorities, principles and operations
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to evaluate initiatives to ensure that DEI has been considered, including but not limited to People policies, practices, procedures, and internal communications
- Engages in regular, consistent communication with business partners, stakeholders and team members to drive successful culture transformation, change management and DEI solutions
- Create learning opportunities and forums for open dialogue and courageous conversations regarding cultural proficiencies in order to build an environment where everyone is given an opportunity to be successful
- Partners with fellow Fleet HR department teammates to build the organization’s culture, engagement, capability and capacity
- Seeks innovative ways to improve the implementation of our “Culture Essentials” through experimentation and taking reasonable risks. Accept inevitable disappointments as learning opportunities
- Fosters collaboration and enable leaders to build spirited teams through active engagement with others and demonstrating mutual respect to create an environment of trust, openness and care
- Manages internal and external culture transformation/DEI resources (i.e. Vendors), monitoring guidelines, quality of work, deliverables and timelines
- Provide guidance and assists the L&D team in developing and implementing learning materials and programs in support of the Culture Action Plan, Culture Essentials and DEI work
Please note that this position can be based in either our Seattle, WA office or our Santa Clarita, CA office.
- Bachelor’s degree or other related advance degree, graduate degree preferred or equivalent blend education and experience
- 5 years of experience, leading and implementing diversity, equity and inclusion programs and initiatives, organizational change management, and culture transformation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues surrounding diversity, equity, inclusion, implicit and unconscious bias and institutional racism; ability and experience developing and implementing strategies to identify and define complex equity and inclusion issues
- Knowledge and experience developing and implementing communication strategies to reach diverse global audiences
- Experience communicating effectively to all levels of staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills
- Knowledge and experience facilitating and leading difficult conversations
- Ability and experience exercising sound, expert independent judgment, using political acumen to build coalitions that further HA Group’s cultural transformation and diversity, equity and inclusion work
- Experience designing and implementing learning agenda in a complex, matrixed organization
- Must be able to travel and work flexible schedule
- Hospitality or cruise industry experience considered an asset
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline considered an asset
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:
Next Steps… Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you’re looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/careers.html. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Holland America website, be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.