Instructional Designer - RemoteJob ID 5267 Date posted 11/24/2022 City Santa Clarita State CA Country United States Job Type Full Time
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess is the world’s leading international premium cruise line and tour company, carrying millions of guests each year to hundreds of destinations around the globe. With parent company Carnival Corporation, Princess has introduced Medallion Class Vacations. This award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to an effortless, personalized vacation.
We’re looking for an amazing Instructional Designer to fill this role, which is based in our Santa Clarita office. This position does offer a remote location. You’ll be responsible for the operational support of the Hotel Operations, Guest Experience Product Development team pertaining to training and development needs of Shipboard staff. This position will work with subject matter experts both Shoreside and Shipboard to identify/clarify these needs, select appropriate modalities/delivery methods, create training assets, and deliver these assets.
Here’s a summary of what Princess is looking for in its Instructional Designer. Is this you?
- Build eLearning
- Identify learning needs
- Design effect instructional assets and create storyboards
- Communicate with SMEs and stakeholders
- Analyze and assess training effectiveness
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technologies, Technical Communication; or equivalent real-world experience
- 2+ years of instructional design experience preferably in a corporate environment
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Outlook and Teams environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High proficiency in developing written and visual communication
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills; careful listener and good communicator (speaking and writing
- Experience using authoring tools, such as Captivate or Storyline to create learning content
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies including but not limited to: ADDIE model, SAM, backward design, e-learning blueprint, design thinking, and interactive learning
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and multimedia principles
- Good eye for visual design
- Maintain project documentation and folders
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships amongst various groups of individuals, across a multi-cultural departmental environment
- Ability to adapt style to engage with different kind of stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid planning skills and the ability to teach or facilitate learning
- Passion, energy, a positive mindset, and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, work independently, and meet strict deadlines
- Resilience and ability to work under time constraints, manage workload, and prioritize appropriately
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Holland America is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time (e.g., H-1B status).
- Must be avaiable to travel domestic and internationally 25 to 30 percent annually.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together
Our highest responsibilities and top priorities are compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:
Princess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)Princess will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact email@example.com