Crew Care RepresentativeJob ID 4245 Date posted 06/23/2022 City Santa Clarita State CA Country United States Job Type Full Time
Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
We’re looking for an amazing Crew Care Representative to fill this role, which is based in our Santa Clarita office. You’ll be responsible for providing care and support to all shipboard personnel through the programs of recognition, crew welfare and the CARE Team. Provides customer service to shipboard management while maintaining strong, effective inter-departmental relationships. Consistently delivers results in accordance with the core values of the organization.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its Crew Care Representative. Is this you?
- Responds to email, phone inquiries within departmental standards, as well as other written and oral requests, complaints and urgent matters. Uses sound judgment skills to identify risk and escalate issues to management.
- Resolves day to day employee relations issues, providing support to shipboard management in obtaining information relating to the interpretation of policies
- Is knowledgeable in Fleet Personnel policies and procedures pertaining to shipboard practices, programs and benefits. Provides assistance in training new shipboard managers.
- Provides CARE Officer support for shipboard personnel, including out of hours support as needed
- Coordinates logistics and maintains constant communication with external authorities in relation to escalated employee issues.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of shipboard employee relations issues
- Monitors disciplinary files and exit interviews to ensure compliance with departmental guidelines and escalates high-risk incidents for review. Prepares files and presents crew member appeals to the Disciplinary Appeals Committee.
- Provides continual care support to hospitalized crew members until they have been repatriated to their home airport, working with Health Services and local port agents to address any needs. Processes death benefits to family members of deceased crew if applicable.
- Provides support to development of shipboard programs, including administrative responsibilities for project management
- Provides regular project updates, generates routine and ad-hoc reports. Continually monitors existing processes and/or procedures to identify areas of improvement to meet the changing needs of the department.
- Support culture transformation and employee engagement by serving as a role model for company values, fostering a positive work environment through exemplifying core values every day, and valuing teamwork and collaboration within the People Team and broader organization. Assist management in communicating the company's culture in a consistent manner and directing it towards improved business results, considerations of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and relevant action plans are embedded in every aspect of the business and employee experience. Promote an inclusive and harassment-free environment. Demonstrate integrity, fairness and professionalism in all business dealings.
- Be a team player, committed to success of others as much as oneself, demonstrating flexibility in roles and duties to align with dynamic business needs and have an openness to hearing other voices and seeking to understand as much as being understood.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 5-6+ years of experience in positions related to human resources, shipboard employment/human resources, psychology/counselling
- Knowledgeable in fleet human resources policies, procedures and laws and regulations relating to shipboard employment.
- Ability to build and maintain trust, protect and preserve confidential information along with high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) for responding to and resolving complex, sensitive and confidential issues.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and proficiency with payroll or HRM systems.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and meet strict deadlines while managing multiple tasks.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Princess is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time (e.g., H-1B status).
- Human resources, psychology, counselling or other related major of study preferred
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/
Princess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Princess will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org