Business Development Manager - Remote, Ft. Lauderdale, FLJob ID 3197 Date posted 02/11/2022 City Santa Clarita State CA Country United States Job Type Full Time
Location: Remote based, Ft. Lauderdale/Boca Raton area
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess is the world’s leading international premium cruise line and tour company, carrying millions of guests each year to hundreds of destinations around the globe. With parent company Carnival Corporation, Princess has introduced MedallionClass Vacations. This award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to an effortless, personalized vacation.
We’re looking for an amazing Business Development Manager to fill this role, which is based in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. You’ll be responsible for managing the business development (sales) of a defined list of travel agency accounts and consortia within a specified territory. The objective is to achieve sales goals for Princess Cruises and Cunard Line in alignment with the company's business objectives and Core Values. This role will be responsible for accounts in Florida – from North Boca Raton north to Melbourne. The candidate must live in the territory, preferably in the Fort Lauderdale/Boca Raton area.
Here’s a summary of what Princess is looking for in its Business Development Manager. Is this you?
- Business Development (Revenue Generation)
- Agency Account Management
- Marketing Development and Management
- Budget Management
- Communication (Internal, External, and Feedback)
- Professional Development
- Participation at trade conferences and events – often including weekends and or evenings.
- Participation in ship inspections at Port Everglades – usually on weekends. These events usually start at 10am and last until 3pm.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of business to business (B2B) sales experience.
- Strong in-person and virtual presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong consultative selling skills
- Solid computer literacy
- Ability to plan, schedule, prioritize workload
- Adaptable to change
- Perseverance to work with agency decision makers
- Works well in a team
- Willingness to take on ad-hoc projects
- Self-directed and ability to work independently
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Preferred majors/disciplines: Business, Marketing, Communications, History
- 5 years of business to business (B2B) sales experience in the travel industry preferred.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:
Princess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Princess will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact email@example.com