Principal Architect, Network Connectivity SolutionsJob ID 2422 Date posted 11/03/2021 City Miami State FL Country United States Job Type Full Time
TheArchitect Principal, Network Connectivity Solutions is a highly knowledgeable lead of a team responsible for developing IT infrastructure solutions and standards that meet or exceed business performance expectations.
This position will architect, design, development and delivery of ship to shore communications and data transport, global wide-area network routing, network security, cloud networking, data center networking to achieve and sustain world class Shipboard Communications and services for the Carnival Corporation fleet, as well as all shore side locations. The position is responsible for creating detailed solution designs and documentation that supports the development, implementation and operations of enterprise-class network used globally across ship and shore locations. The position holds the authority for the assigned teams. This role will support cross-departmental collaboration and internal communications with staff throughout the organization and service providers while promoting a positive work environment that supports consistency and drives efficiencies.
- Design, plan, document, and support the configuration of logical and physical system layouts
- Provide direction for the installation and configuration of all software packages as needed to support business requirements
- Perform analysis and develop solutions based on established service agreements for capacity planning and performance tuning
- Participate in the development of system solution standards
- Develop detailed design, installation and configuration documentation for enterprise system deployments
- Ensure in solutions and deployments, the security of our enterprise infrastructure and compliance with all applicable security standards (PCI, PII, HIPPA etc.)
- Recommend and oversee projects that expand, change, or improve the systems and related infrastructure
- Provide assistance in reviewing performance and capacity requests as well as design solution resolution
- Collaborate with the Brand service delivery leaders to ensure an understanding of business cases and to ensure that the appropriate solution is selected that meets the business need
- Develop solutions with a focus on reducing operating costs or increasing guest and crew experience
- Provide Capital Expenditure Request level hardware, software, license and labor estimate detail for projects
- Contribute as necessary in a hands-on manner with the implementation of solutions in support of all projects
- Work with other infrastructure teams for new systems designed and engineered
- Leads a small team of Network Architects accountable for IT infrastructure architecture and standards development
- Reviews and provides approval to deliver, all designs produced by the team
- Performs administrative leadership as necessary
- Act as the highest level of engineering escalation for issues encountered
- Provide system support and troubleshooting expertise as needed for designed solutions
- Provides technical and tactical support to team subordinates when directed or necessary to deliver
- Understand advances and changes in the technology industry and work directly with equipment manufactures to assess new technologies
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Required Technical
- Performs customer requirements analysis and maintains product roadmap
- Leads partner SATCOM equipment evaluation, integration and procurement activities
- Manages Product Quality and Configuration Management activities
- Coordinates systems acceptance testing for satellite connectivity solutions
- Specifies equipment, generates, and issues purchase requisitions for equipment and services
- Manages engineering activities to include transmission planning, link budget analysis, network design, budgetary pricing, network enhancements, and technical briefings
- Supports RFP responses including requirements, compliance and gap analysis
- Deep understanding of with link budget analysis
- Strong knowledge in various network security technology.
- Experience in least one major manufacture such as Palo Alto, Fortinet, Juniper, HPE/Aruba and Cisco for Layer 2/3 network switching, wireless Network technology, Firewall technology, SD-WAN .
- Good understanding of routing and switching protocols, wireless standards.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required
- Experience in implementing satellite communications systems is required
- Working knowledge of Satellite RF sub-systems (Block Up Converters, LNBs, antennas)
- Required Interpersonal
- Strong leadership skills of highly-technical engineers and architects
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to analyze issues, use sound judgment, and solve complex problems
- Proficient in multi-tasking
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Understanding of development and project management processes and methodologies
- Understanding of industry trends as well as successful strategies and product roadmaps
- Strong strategic planning capabilities with proven hands on implementation experience
- Working knowledge of corporate IT disciplines and group dynamics
- In addition to other duties/functions, this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns
- Ethics and compliance-In addition to other duties/functions, this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
- Decision making-Decisions focus on intermediate-term issues. The purpose of decisions made at this level are to help move CCL closer to reaching strategic goals. Outcomes are predictable. After a decision is made by Top Executive Leadership, the next phase is to take the needed steps to implement it. Examples are: The amount of money required to implement, which advertising agency to promote a new service or to provide an incentive plan to employees to encourage increased revenue. Example: Provide technical solutions for network security for global network working group initiatives that achieve secure and high performance network operations
Physical demands and work conditions
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at a desk and/or computer for extended periods of time.
- Requires regular movement throughout CCL facilities.
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus