Port Administrator (Hybrid in Miami)Job ID 5581 Date posted 01/25/2023 City Miami State FL Country United States Job Type Full Time
We are seeking a Port Administrator to focus extensively on the E-Commerce Application (MXP), working with the day-to-day management of the system as well as exploring additional functionalities and implementation of reports and analysis to support Port Operations, maximizing efficiency and tariff monitoring.
- Manage Port Operations Invoices
- Process all port invoices and account disbursements for Port Operations, process wire transfers and direct payments with all port agents and port partners or vendors, Liaise with internal departments to ensure timely settlement of all port operations invoices. Validate and approve invoices (1st level of approvals)
- Management of Port Operation E-Commerce Application
- Explore the functionalities of the system that are not yet being used
- Create reports and analyze data, including forecast vs. actual
- Understand the different variables in irregular operations in order to understand discrepancies and provide recommendations as appropriate
- Maintain & Monitor Global Port Tariffs
- Monitor complex port tariffs and notify management and relevant business units of any changes to contracted rates, port tariffs and berthing agreements; maintain billing accuracy of all global port tariffs; ensure proper planning and timely execution of updates to port tariffs and expenses related to any changes in voyage deployment
- Manage vendor relations with all port partners
- Petition Responses for US CBP Customs & Immigration
- Manage other projects & Analysis delegated by Director, VP, SVP Port Operations
- No or very little travel likely
- Associates Degree in Operations Accounting preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in marine related industry
- Cruise Industry or Marine Port Cost Management Knowledge
- MXP, Word, Excel
- Exceptional communication & people skills
The range for this role’s base salary is $18.00 - $22.00 per hour. Offers to selected candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Management roles are also eligible for an additional vesting equity plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Health Benefits:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage
- Financial Benefits:
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Other Benefits
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement
- On-site preschool program, wellness center, and health clinic at our Miami campus
Inaddition to other duties/functions,this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider theenvironment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity.Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against anyqualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin,religion, sexual orientation, age,marital status, mental, physical orsensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal,and/or international law.