Manager, Planning & ChangeJob ID 2826 Date posted 01/14/2022 City Miami State FL Country United States Job Type Full Time
We are seeking a Planning & Change Manager!
Managing organizational change grows increasingly complex in a global business environment. The role of Manager Planning & Change will lead the change management process in support of an innovative, large-scale strategic project, called the Maritime Asset Strategic Transformation (MAST) Project, that will transform how Carnival will manage our shipboard assets across our nine brands. The role will deliver the business case for change, set the vision and plot the roadmap for moving from current to future state outcomes, reporting on Key Performance Indicator (KPI) milestone achievements to stakeholders. Essential to the role will be to collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams to achieve timely results.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Change Management Strategy and associated process implementation
- Planning and Project Management and Analytics
- Reporting of project progress to senior stakeholders including MAST Steerco
- Capabilities and Training of ship/shoreside teams in readiness for change
- Change Management Strategy and Operations
- Develop change management strategies to align with organizational goals
- Engage organizational leadership to commit to and sponsor change
- Identify current state operational and process improvement opportunities
- Conduct change readiness assessment of business, operations, process, and systems
- Lead and execute change management efforts (e.g., communication, training, job aides) to ensure understanding and change adoption.
- Develop appropriate mitigation readiness strategies to advance sustainable change
- Ensure organizational and employee performance change capability
- Project Management & Analytics
- Define and measure value to organization, people, and other stakeholders through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Perform analysis of needed change and measure proposed solution against impact to business continuity
- Create detailed roadmap from current to future state along with gap and risk analysis including contingency plans
- Capabilities and Training
- Partner with the project team to develop training strategy and programs leveraging a fluent understanding of current training/skills gaps across the organization
- Maintain and ensure execution of relevant training program across the organization.
- Partner with internal training resources or external vendors to develop the training materials and to coordinate the deployment of the training
- Monitor the effectiveness of the training and recommend adjustments as needed
- Lead change management efforts to ensure that the new approach to Capabilities and Training is understood and applied by relevant employees
- Systems Strategy
- Partner with our Brand and IT stakeholders to implement Change solutions successfully (on-time, on-budget, and meeting all business requirements)
- Develop and Lead change management strategy (e.g., communication, training, job aides) to ensure understanding and adoption of new systems and associated processes.
- Lead Governance strategy for Maritime Systems, ensuring excellence with IT support and Systems Administration teams currently responsible for the day to day management (user/ access management, troubleshooting, enhancements, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business, Engineering or Project Management/Lean and Change Management preferred.
- Other continuing education/certificates (especially in organizational change management) desirable
- 6 to 9 years prior experience in project/change management with success in current job applying one or more of these capabilities.
- Technical competence in key Change Management capabilities in the cruise line industry
- Project Management Skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Advanced project management tools and resources
- Ability to lead project work streams from planning through implementation
- Effective in managing project resources, budgets, planning and forecasting
- Ability to appropriately manage risks and issues
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication including business and technical writing, presentation, training, and public speaking
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities in a fast-paced global environment
- Ability to create an environment of trust, encourage collaboration, promote inclusion, and lead by example
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus