Payroll Specialist - ContractorJob ID req12960 Date posted 12/29/2020 Date closes City Florida State Florida Country I Job Type
Payroll Specialist - Contractor
The Payroll Specialist uses specialize knowledge to perform activities related to timely and accurately preparing, processing and reconciling multi-site, multi cycled, multi-currency domestic and international $1B payroll for over 40,000 employees. Partners with internal and external customers to resolve wages, deductions and banking inquiries and variances. Works closely with Paymasters, HR and Management to implement and ensure compliance to company’s and department’s strategies and vision.Process payroll, adjustments, deductions, and reconciliations. Performs daily payroll operations including the review of department time records, appropriate tax calculations, appropriate execution of payroll interfaces, payroll closing and cost allocation process, year-end payment bonuses, RSUs, or tax forms and the payment of benefits distributions process.
- Work closely with seniors, HR, shipboard Paymasters and department’s management to implement and enforce initiatives in support of company guidelines and in compliance with governing regulations
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of upstream and downstream processes in all Payroll related processes while performing continuous analysis in order to recommend solutions to streamline and optimize processes.
- Prepare and declare withholdings and deductions including garnishments. Analyzing payroll variances and validating final reports to ensure accuracy.
- Produces checks or electronic transfers and works closely with personnel form relevant teams towards accurate and timely payment remittance. Also reviews and resolve banking /electronic payment inquiries (pay cards,ACH, foreign wires)
- Research wage inquiries/disputes and coordinate resolution with other departments as needed.
- Support/Facilitate internal and external payroll audits and complies with rules that govern pay calculations, retention policy and pay cost allocation.
- Ensure appropriate record keeping.
- Inspect automated systems output and conduct regular data updates and maintenance by collaborating closely with seniors, HR, HRIS and Payroll management.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed