Marine CAD DrafterJob ID 7765 Date posted 02/12/2024 City Miami State FL Country United States Job Type Full Time
The Marine CAD Drafter will be responsible for updating and maintaining the technical drawings of the Carnival fleet. The CAD Drafter will use their skills to translate complex specifications, submittals, and markups into precise 2D technical plans. They will be the go-to person for keeping ship’s information databases up to date, making sure that all modifications to existing features of the ships are properly noted and translated into the existing plans.
- Uses computer-aided design/drafting software such as AutoCAD for updating and documenting modifications to the ship’s mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems plans as needed.
- Maintain library of technical drawings and specifications for equipment onboard CCL ships (AAQS-Advanced Air Quality System) , OWS (Oil Water Separator), piping, ballast water systems, among others. Verifying the technical plan updates and revising them as needed.
- Follows sketches and redline drawings, checking modifications and comments accordingly to determine proper updates required to the ship’s plans.
- Coordination and modification of CAD drawing files to update drawings used on normal ship operations, that are affected by special projects and/or dry dock periods for the entire CCL Fleet.
- Propose new approaches to problems encountered and make recommendations for changes in methods, procedures, and technical plans.
- Communicate with all departments that participate in ship projects to understand scopes of work and maintain detailed project documentation schedules. This will include providing feedback and call outs when proposed changes to a technical project may impact other areas and drawings.
- Carry out onboard inspections on dry dock and non-dry dock projects that affect technical drawings to determine as-built conditions of various drawings: arrangement, fire and safety, piping, etc.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or Bachelor’s with 2 to 3 years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of related experience using AutoCAD in the ship building or construction industry. Marine industry related experience is a plus.
- AUTOCAD, and other design software(s) that can help to render the overall views and dimensions. Knowledge of Revit (BIM) and Micro Station is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical and/or vocational background preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Should have knowledge of HVAC and/or Plumbing and/or Fire Protection Ship drawings standards, as well as basic knowledge and understanding of CT Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Safety codes. Self-starter with attention to detail. Ability to work under pressure and multi-task. Ability to interact with a diverse blend of personalities and work collaboratively.
Physical Demands: Must be able to remain in a stationary position at a desk and/or computer for extended periods of time.
Travel: Less than 25% shipboard travel likely
Work Conditions: Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Work may require employee to work inside and outside with exposure to changing climate and/or operate machinery. May be required to work under maintenance and construction work conditions.
The range for this role’s base salary is $60,000 - $80,000. Offers to selected candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Director and above roles may also be eligible to participate in Carnival’s discretionary equity incentive plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Health Benefits:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage
- Financial Benefits:
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Other Benefits
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement
- On-site preschool program and wellness center at our Miami campus
In addition to other duties/functions, this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical orsensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.