Manager Sr., Loyalty OperationsJob ID 4541 Date posted 01/24/2023 City Miami State FL Country United States Job Type Full Time
We are looking for a Sr. Loyalty Operations Manager who will manage the strategy and execution of the brand loyalty program (VIFP) to encourage past guests to repeat cruising with us, building profitable, long-term customer relationships. This position is responsible with partnering with multiple stakeholders across the shoreside organization and shipboard teams to setup and maintain loyalty benefits.
- Assists with the redesign of the Carnival VIFP program to build profitable, long-term customer relationships.
- Oversees the execution of loyalty operations, including marketing offers, onboard benefits and contact center support. Develops and maintains operational budget. Partners with our booked guest and marketing team to develop the VIFP communication plan and ensure the use of an integrated multi-channel communication strategy that supports the loyalty program. Partners with operational leaders / stakeholders to make sure that they support growth of the program and deliver expected service levels to our valued guests, ensuring consistent approach and overall alignment on the essence of the program.
- Assess overall success of the program. Provides adjustments as needed for future initiatives and presents recommendations that align to overall brand strategy. Evaluates competition loyalty programs and implications for our own.
- Partners with other sister brands to find areas of opportunity to work across brands
- Ensures that our VIFP program complies with all our HESS regulations and environmental goals
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or engineering
- 8+ years of total experience in a business/operation role
- Managing a revenue operation of >$50M annually in a multi-location, remote environment
- Exposed to a variety of industries
- Technology and business development roles
- High pace environment like management consulting, private equity or start-ups preferred
- Cruise ship shipboard management roles
- MBA strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills to maximize opportunities for alignment within Carnival and with Business Partners
- A results-driven team player who knows how to execute successfully
- A strong intellect and the ability tap into the taste level of the Carnival customer
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt, as well as resilience and resourcefulness
- A proactive style combined with a high energy level
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
The range for this role’s base salary is $100,000 - $135,000.Offers to selected candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Management roles are also eligible for an additional vesting equity plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Health Benefits:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage
- Financial Benefits:
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Other Benefits
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement
- On-site preschool program, wellness center, and health clinic at our Miami campus
Inaddition to other duties/functions,this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider theenvironment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity.Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against anyqualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin,religion, sexual orientation, age,marital status, mental, physical orsensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal,and/or international law.