Guest and Crew Claims Adjuster (Hybrid)Job ID 6930 Date posted 09/18/2023 City Miami State FL Country United States Job Type Full Time
This position will manage and adjust a caseload of guest and crew claims and will negotiate pre-suit settlements directly with the guest or crew member or their attorneys on behalf of the company to avoid litigation. This position will further assist Carnival's attorneys in all stages of claims and litigation as well as in connection with the operational needs of the company. This position will assist lawyers with the investigation of claims and the preparation of documents necessary to comply with litigation and discovery requirements as well as additional documents required in connection with Carnival's business activities. This position will further represent the company as corporate representative at mediations, and as needed, in depositions, small claims court hearings, final hearings and trials.
- Effectively manage and adjust a caseload of guest and crew claims and negotiate pre-suit settlements of such claims directly with the claimant or their attorneys to avoid litigation/arbitration, maintaining properly organized and documented electronic claims files with detailed historical log of pertinent file events.
- Serve as the corporate representative on behalf of the company at mediations, as well as in depositions and trial, as needed.
- Upon the assignment of a file, conduct an immediate review to ensure all medical/sick wage obligations have been or are being properly provided and ensure that that medical/sick wage obligations are being properly provided on a continuing basis, promptly responding to all such demands or requests. (Crew Claims)
- Maintain proficiency in, and a fluid understanding of, Carnival's HESS-MS system including all updates and revisions, as well as a proficiency in all other programs and databases in Carnival's 'IT ecosystem.
- Serve as the corporate representative on behalf of the company at small claims court hearings and trials throughout the U.S. as needed, including filing the appropriate motions and pleadings in such cases (Guest claims).
- Be available on a 24-hour basis to handle any and all emergencies relating to claims, depositions, arbitrations written discovery, litigation, and trial.
- Oversee and attend ship inspections conducted in connection with claims and litigation.
- Assist Carnival's attorneys in all stages of claims and litigation with the investigation of Guest and Crew claims and research for document production, as well as in connection with the operational needs of the company.
- Assist with other duties or tasks assigned by senior management which benefit the goals or objectives of the Risk Management and/or Corporate Legal Departments and keep supervisors apprised of all material developments in claims files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree of Science or similar required.
- Work Experience: 5+ years of previous adjuster experience with preference for maritime claims experience.
- Licenses & Certifications: Florida 2-20, 5-20, 6-20, or similar adjuster's license required.
wledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong typing and communication skills must be proficient in all Microsoft Office program.
- Will need to become proficient in Carnival's ecosystem of databases and programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Demands: Must be able to remain in a stationary position at a desk and/or computer for extended periods of time. Requires regular movement throughout CCL facilities.
- Travel: Less than 25% Shore-based
- Work Conditions: Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
The range for this role’s base salary is $60,600 - $88,900. Offers to select candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Director and above roles may also be eligible to participate in Carnival’s discretionary equity incentive plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Health Benefits:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage
- Financial Benefits:
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Other Benefits
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement
- On-site preschool program, wellness center, and health clinic at our Miami campus
In addition to other duties/functions, this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical orsensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.