Director, Technical EntertainmentJob ID 4478 Date posted 08/05/2022 City Miami State FL Country United States Job Type Full Time
We are seeking an Entertainment Technical Director who will ensure all disciplines including Technical Operations, Audio, Lighting, Stage/Automation, Video, Technical Production and Warehouse execute to the creative standards as originally conceived and within established budgets. Responsible for leading all aspects of the operation, repair and maintenance of all technical equipment and infrastructure needed to support the entertainment program and related areas.
Directs the shore side technical team in designing the most optimal and cost-effective systems to meet operational needs. Find ways to integrate new technologies into the operating team to reduce expenses and downtime. Directs the leadership of shipboard technical teams to ensure a motivated, knowledgeable staff with the tools and procedures necessary to work safely and keep equipment in good repair.
Partners with Entertainment Experience, Carnival Studios, Marketing and Revenue, Youth, Development and Casting and Booking to deliver experiences across the ship.
Accountable for Safety operations and Compliance and enforcement of procedures for the Entertainment environments. Accountable for CapEx budgeting to efficiently meet the needs of new projects and existing operations. Develop and maintain Long Term Asset Plan and request capital funds as needed.
Liaison with New Builds and Refurbishment and Project Managers on the design and specification of all Entertainment Technical systems on new ships and during drydocks.
- Lead the shipboard and shoreside technical teams in the execution of the systems onboard to ensure smooth operations
- Develop systems and processes to ensure team has proper skills, focus, teamwork, creativity, communication, morale, and motivation
- Develop, maintain, and forecast operational and capital budgets for shipboard and related Carnival Studios budgets.
- Partner and collaborate with other Entertainment disciplines to support areas including Experience, Music, Cast, Revenue, Marketing, Youth and Attractions
- Liaison and collaborate New Builds and Refurbishments on system design, budget and specification. Develop hand off process to operating SME.
- Maintain relationships with vendors to ensure projects and supplies are on time and on budget.
- Research, develop and innovate technical theatre systems.
- Find ways to integrate new technologies into the operating team to reduce expenses and downtime
- Ensure inventory systems are in place to track and protect assets.
- Oversee warehouse and shipping for all Entertainment areas
- Approve, enforce and implement Safety Compliance Procedures and overall policies.
- Design backup systems and procedures for system failures and other business interruptions. Report KPI for technical areas including IssueTrack and iCare.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related Technical field
- 10+ years of experience.
- 5 Years in theater or broadcast technical, 5 in a management position.
- MS Office ,MS Project, CAD CAM
- Knowledge of technical engineering and electronic areas, preferably with a theatre/broadcast background.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of entertainment industry practices and procedures.
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus