Director, Commercial Strategy & Business DevelopmentJob ID 1181 Date posted 06/17/2021 Date closes City Miami State FL Country United States Job Type Full time
We are seeking a Director Commercial Strategy and Business Development!
This position will have full P&L responsibility for Shorex, Photo and Connectivity revenue, as well as, direct impact in Destination Development for Shorex. This individual is also responsible for the overall commercial strategy for Carnival Adventures including shorex portfolio strategy to grow penetration, pricing & promotion strategy, revenue management. Additionally, they will be responsible for the commercial strategy for Connectivity & Photo including pricing, bundles, pre-cruise and revenue management.
- Lead commercial strategy for Carnival Adventures (Shorex): improving the business model (marketplace), optimizing the product portfolio and defining pricing and revenue management in order to increase take rate and drive revenue
- Lead Destination Development from the Shorex business on key strategic ports. Lead the negotiations of current tours and creation of new tours and experiences for CCL overall and for sister brands in the Caribbean
- Develop and execute initiatives to grow the business and improve guest and crew satisfaction for Connectivity (WiFi and VoIP). Define strategy for new partner with sister brands and execute RFP. Identify, select and deploy new technologies and commercial initiatives to grow each component: WiFi, voice, data and land-based opportunities.
- Define commercial strategy for Photo (pricing, bundles, products). Implement new business verticals (e.g. mass-market premium photo experience).
- Build a high performing team through leadership development, talent acquisition, coaching and effective performance management.
- Develop analytical models to support key strategic goals, for example: (1) optimize staffing levels of Photo based on team productivity and itinerary, (2) optimize bandwidth consumption fleetwide and (3) improve portfolio revenue mix for Shorex
- Prepares annual business plan for all businesses, including regular forecast revisions and reporting
- Support VP on preparation of business cases for Capital Expenditures and major business changes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing & Sales, Economics, Engineering
- MBA strongly preferred
- Proven demonstrated experience in managing a P&L.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in consumer insight and analytics, business development and at least 5 years in management consulting.
- Proven entrepreneurial mindset.
- Experience in Travel & tourism required.
- Destination development and strategy is desired.
- Ability to drive presentations to senior leadership.
- Powerpoint, Excel expertise
- A successful track-record of delivering results.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills to maximize opportunities for alignment within Carnival and current retail partners.
- A results-driven team player who knows how to execute successfully.
- A keen intellect and the ability tap into the taste level of the Carnival customer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Superior communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and push forward in the face of ambiguity; be resilient and resourceful.
- A proactive style combined with a high energy level. Strong pragmatic analytical skills to drive fact based decisions leveraging consumer insight
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus