Delivery & Support Manager (Remote)Job ID 6310 Date posted 05/26/2023 City Miami State FL Country United States Job Type Full Time
We are seeking a Delivery & Support Manager to be responsible for leading multiple teams of supervisors, software architects, application analysts and developers building and supporting a portfolio of software applications. The teams may consist of onsite, offsite and offshore resources. This position is responsible for enhancing, maintaining, supporting and upgrading a portfolio of applications, projects and programs based on one or more lines of business. This individual also has responsibility for client relationship management for one or more business sponsors in areas of the business as assigned.
- Show initiative and provide leadership to the group by setting the technical direction, ensuring that projects are delivered meeting the business requirements and that application support is provided in accordance to established SLAs
- Responsible for the strategic planning and technology roadmap that supports the business/portfolio domain within area of responsibility
- Play a key leadership role in defining, overseeing and developing overall future technology and architecture strategy
- Oversee application development, system architecture, security, quality as well as ongoing support
- Direct a team of professional IT technical supervisors, project managers/scrum masters, business analysts, technical staff, and quality control personnel that are responsible for the design, development, integration, implementation of enhancements to existing and new systems as well as support
- Ensure effective alignment to business demands and business roadmap through active collaboration with the business units
- Communicate and liaise with the business partners to ensure efficient delivery of milestones with high quality
- Develop and deliver executive level presentations to both business and IT leadership on topics related to the Manager's portfolio and related technologies
- Oversee financial management of all budgets pertaining to the production and support of all solutions focusing on optimizing Carnival’s investments
- Develop SOWs for services, analyze SOW responses, and negotiate terms and ongoing liaison with suppliers of services
- Hire and supervise consultants (onsite, near shore and offshore) and staff to undertake research and development services and technical support
- Manage all services provided to the business, including processes for the efficient tracking and reporting of services to the business, payments to vendors, budget estimation, tracking and reconciliation
- Adhere to the CCL System Development Methodology and Project Management processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of IT supervisory experience with at least 5 years of project management
- 5+ years of technical project life cycle management
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation and solutions experience
- Possess strong interpersonal, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Proven ability to obtain cooperation and build trust internally and externally
- Ability to build positive working relationships with third party technology vendors
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with management & peers
- Experience managing a technical team including interviewing, coaching and developing staff
- Demonstrated leadership in third party and office system integrations
- Proven track record of success in prioritizing and managing multiple projects; experience with project forecasting and resource planning in waterfall and Agile development environments
- Ability to understand and enforce IT governance policies
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, of Quality Assurance techniques using source code control repositories, and n-tier debugging & testing experience is expected
- Specific business domain experience/expertise and associated systems used within the specific portfolio a plus and in some cases may be required
- PMP Certification
The range for this role’s base salary is $110,000 - $135,000. Offers to selected candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Director and above roles are also eligible for an additional vesting equity plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Health Benefits:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage
- Financial Benefits:
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Other Benefits
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement
- On-site preschool program, wellness center, and health clinic at our Miami campus
In addition to other duties/functions, this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical orsensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.