Cash Applications Clerk (Hybrid in Miami, FL)Job ID 5569 Date posted 01/25/2023 City Miami State FL Country United States Job Type Full Time
We are seeking a Credit Card Processing Clerk to perform the duties of responding to Credit Card chargeback disputes; Also, researching and processing Sail & Sign Research cases. Provide instructions for guests showing on the Guest Status Advisory Do Not Sail/Alert lists. Each team member is cross trained to provide coverage of all departmental duties. The role will require work in conjunction with other teams within the company and must have the ability to communicate with contacts from banking institutions, credit card companies, and outside collection agencies. Requires excellent organizational and computers skills.
- Respond and provide supporting documents, via website, to credit card companies for credit card chargeback dispute cases
- Request to add/remove guests on the GSAR Do Not Sail/Alert lists
- Request to add travel agency & guest profiles on payment restriction
- Responsible for notifying and creating journal entries debiting respective departments for credit card chargeback disputes (Casino, Bon Voyage, Shipboard Accounting, etc.)
- Prepare journal entries to clear credit card chargeback statements; this is a bi-weekly process for chargeback invoices sent to exceptions that require manager approval to write off
- Reviewing chargeback bookings and contacting respective teams to make adjustments (Sailing Support, Guest Solutions, etc.)
- Research and respond to Sail & Sign Research inquiries & Outlook (onboard charges, concessions, etc.)
- Provide coverage to research and give instructions to Guest Logistics and Shipboard Guest Services for guests appearing on the Guest Status Advisory Do Not Sail/Alert Lists
- Process payments to clear past due balances, due to credit card chargeback disputes, and Sail & Sign statement balances
- Monitor & provide instructions for daily Pay/Pal chargebacks and transactions requiring further investigation
- No or very little travel likely
- Associates degree in preferably Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with credit card dispute and fraud processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point)
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to multi-task and display a sense of urgency
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
The range for this role’s base salary is $17.00 - $18.00 per hour. Offers to selected candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Management roles are also eligible for an additional vesting equity plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Health Benefits:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage
- Financial Benefits:
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Other Benefits
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement
- On-site preschool program, wellness center, and health clinic at our Miami campus
Inaddition to other duties/functions,this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider theenvironment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity.Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against anyqualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin,religion, sexual orientation, age,marital status, mental, physical orsensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal,and/or international law.