Analyst Sr, Data Warehouse (CCL)Job ID 3844 Date posted 05/13/2022 City Miami State FL Country United States Job Type Full Time
The Senior Data Warehouse Analyst is responsible for the analysis, design, development, documentation, and maintenance of the CCL Operational Data Store (ODS), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Data Marts, CRM/Guest Loyalty Management system, Data integrations, and Business owned reporting and analytic solutions. These tasks will be carried out with minimal guidance and supervision from the Data Warehouse Supervisor or the Senior Data Warehouse Architect.
- Design, develop, and document complex code integrating warehouse and transactional business applications using current knowledge of enterprise application technologies and development techniques
- Design, develop, and test dimensional data model extensions using Star & Snowflake schema methodologies under the Kimball and Inmon methodologies
- Lead troubleshooting and debugging of software integration and performance problems. Conduct performance analysis and suggest potential solutions for highly complex integrations and reporting needs
- Partner with the business teams in defining the end state reporting goals and/or dashboard requirements. Design and develop data-based solutions that meet either a 'publish or 'subscribe' data requirement
- Construct and maintain the necessary support Run Book, scheduling, and Embarcadero data model documentation and artifacts in accordance with Carnival’s System Development Methodology (SDM)
- Assist in developing and then meet agreed-upon deadlines and perform other project duties as assigned
- Communicate technical and non-technical information clearly, concisely, and effectively both orally and in writing. Present findings, recommendations, and specifications in formal reports and/or oral presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical
- Informatica and Oracle are a Plus but not required
- Expert understanding of PL/SQL developer, functions, procedures, packages, and triggers. • Expert understanding of SQL Navigator and/or Toad. Recent experience developing on Oracle 11G/10G.
- Expert understanding of the concept of code objects re-use and business rules standardization.
- Expert understanding of PL/SQL developer, functions, procedures, packages, and triggers.
- Expert experience with Informatica Power Center version 9.x. including Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager, Designer, Server Manager, Power Exchange and ETL.
- Knowledge of Informatica Dynamic Data Masking (DDM), Data Archive (IDA), Enterprise Data Catalogue (IDA), and Data Governance (IDG) products is a plus
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools utilization including Hyperion, SAS, Tableau, and Microsoft
- Prior Cruise Line, Casino or Retail related business experience.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools utilization including Hyperion, SAS, Tableau, and Microsoft technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication and skills.
- Able to meet aggressive project timelines and to escalate appropriately when issues are encountered.
- Able to provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior and intermediate level data warehouse staff
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus