Senior System EngineerJob ID 662 Date posted 05/12/2021 Date closes City GENOVA State LIGURIA Country Italy Job Type
Costa Crociere, part of Carnival Corporation, the world's number one touristic operator, is the largest Italian travel group and Europe’s number one cruise operator with over 70 years of tradition.
Here we propose a positive, diverse, stimulating and intercultural environment where respecting colleagues and guests as well as communities is our first goal. We strongly believe in the power of communicating openly, always promoting transparency and are committed to continuously developing ourselves by experimenting, cooperating and including others, encouraging everyone to give their best and taking responsibilities.
As leaders in sustainable cruising, we continue to being committed to responsible innovation and we are accelerating on the path of a sustainable fleet. Costa has been strongly focused on the ecological transition of its business since years, introducing and testing new sustainable technologies and smart solutions. In addition to the use of LNG, which Costa pioneered, we are working towards achieving zero emissions overtime.
Today we’re looking for a Senior System Engineer, who will join the IT Team at the Company’s Headquarter in Genoa – Italy, reporting to IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager.
As our Senior System Engineer, you will partner to business line and broader IT community to deliver and deploy key elements of Costa Crociere’s technology strategy.
Key activities are:
• Effectively and timely deploy infrastructure solutions in line with the IT roadmap;
• Interact both with IT Security, Architecture, Operations to ensure smooth flows and IT infrastructural issues reporting / addressing;
• Coordinate with referents in IT Projects and Delivery team for managing the new projects and new developments portfolio;
• Act as a expert for junior system engineers and as partner for IT architecture team;
• Contribute to the proposal of business cases on sustainable IT Investments and technology transformation projects;
• Promote corporate culture and values among employees, leveraging positive relationships with the company’s leaders to obtain optimum results.
• 8+ years of experience as system engineer in large companies and multinational context;
• Expert in VMWare solutions, Microsoft environment;
• Solid knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Azure, SQL Server, Office 365, exchange clusters;
• Established experience in executing and monitoring complex transformation projects;
• Ability to work with inter-functional stakeholders and focus customer’s perspective
• Excellent knowledge of written and oral English, second language is to be considered as a plus
• Passion for technology and deep interest in being constantly up-to-date on new solutions;
• Excellent communication skills focused on promoting openness and transparency.
• Real team player able to encourage and help others in giving their best.
• Focused on learning and research, welcoming feedback and others’ ideas.
• Open to diversity and cultural differences
• Strongly committed to enhance sustainability
Costa Group is the leading cruise company in Europe and China, with headquarters in Genoa. The Group’s fleet includes 28 ships, with three new ships to join the fleet by 2023. As leaders in sustainable cruising, we continue to being committed to responsible innovation and we are accelerating on the path of a sustainable fleet. Costa has been strongly focused on the ecological transition of its business since years, introducing and testing new sustainable technologies and smart solutions. In addition to the use of LNG, which Costa pioneered, we are working towards achieving zero emissions overtime.
Costa is also the biggest italian touristic operator. Since 1948 we represent hospitality and Italian style from the sea perspective, operating with passion to ensure our Guests can experience the most wonderful places and new cultures with respect for their identities. As the only Cruise Group of sailing the Italian flag, we are proud of being ambassador of Italy all over the world.
At Costa we believe that our Culture Essentials can drive actions and performances. Every single day we:
- Speak up and communicate openly
- Listen, learn, respect and protect others, whether they are colleagues, stakeholders or communities
- Improve and Empower People around us
- Take initiative and always focus on Customers
About the Team
This department fuel the growth of the Costa Group by providing leading edge industry IT solutions and services to the whole Company; IT&C in Costa stretches far beyond the traditional aspects of “hardware and software” being this team a key business enabler that advances technology tools, strategic development, collaboration, and decision making. The IT&C department enable faster and smarter decision making providing pioneering technology solutions to enhance guest experience and onboard services, working closely to other departments and partners to create the best tools to support operations and Company strategy.
If you will join this department you could lead big projects across multiple geographies that have significant impact on business results and will also drive business process designing change and solution improvements to processes and providing operational support to existing IT systems in its day-to-day operations.