IT Business Intelligence AnalystJob ID 1000 Date posted 06/17/2021 Date closes City GENOVA State LIGURIA Country Italy Job Type
Costa Crociere, part of Carnival Corporation, the world's number one touristic operator, is the largest Italian travel group and Europe’s number one cruise operator with 70 years of tradition.
Here we propose a positive, diverse, stimulating and intercultural environment where respecting colleagues and guests as well as communities is our first goal. We strongly believe in the power of communicating openly, always promoting transparency and are committed to continuously developing ourselves by experimenting, cooperating and including others, encouraging everyone to give their best and taking responsibilities.
As leaders in sustainable cruising, we continue to being committed to responsible innovation and we are accelerating on the path of a sustainable fleet. Costa has been strongly focused on the ecological transition of its business since years, introducing and testing new sustainable technologies and smart solutions. In addition to the use of LNG, which Costa pioneered, we are working towards achieving zero emissions overtime.
Today we are looking for:
an IT BI Analyst, who will join the IT Team at the Company’s Headquarter in Genoa – Italy.
As our IT BI Analyst your main responsibilities are to guarantee the quality and accuracy of the Company reporting and to work with developers and internal customers to implement or integrate the reporting, according with the Company’s strategy.
• Collect requirements from internal customers
• Perform data queries and analytics
• Design and execute tests
• Assist in the BI Platforms’ administration
• Communicate technical and non-technical information clearly, concisely, and effectively both orally and in writing
• Promote corporate culture and values among employees, leveraging positive relationships with the company’s leaders to obtain optimum results.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT Engineering/Software or equivalent work experience;
• 2+ years of experience as IT business analyst;
• Solid knowledge of PowerBI, Excel, SQL or other data querying languages;
• Coding experience preferred. Python or R are a plus;
• Experience with Azure Datalake, Qlikview, SPSS are considered a plus
• Proactive and self-driven individual;
• Analytical thinking and problem solving;
• Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy;
• Proven capacity to deal with failure in a positive way;
• Excellent interpersonal, and relationship management skills
• Ability to work with inter-functional stakeholders and focus customer’s perspective;
• Excellent knowledge of Italian and good knowledge of written and oral English;
• Passion for technology and deep interest in being constantly up to date on new solutions;
• Excellent communication skills focused on promoting openness and transparency.
• Real team player able to encourage and help others in giving their best.
• Focused on learning and research, welcoming feedback and others’ ideas.
• Open to diversity and cultural differences
• Strongly committed to enhance sustainability
Costa Group is the leading cruise company in Europe and China, with headquarters in Genoa. The Group’s fleet includes 28 ships, with three new ships to join the fleet by 2023. As leaders in sustainable cruising, we continue to being committed to responsible innovation and we are accelerating on the path of a sustainable fleet. Costa has been strongly focused on the ecological transition of its business since years, introducing and testing new sustainable technologies and smart solutions. In addition to the use of LNG, which Costa pioneered, we are working towards achieving zero emissions overtime.
Costa is also the biggest italian touristic operator. Since 1948 we represent hospitality and Italian style from the sea perspective, operating with passion to ensure our Guests can experience the most wonderful places and new cultures with respect for their identities. As the only Cruise Group of sailing the Italian flag, we are proud of being ambassador of Italy all over the world.
At Costa we believe that our Culture Essentials can drive actions and performances. Every single day we:
- Speak up and communicate openly
- Listen, learn, respect and protect others, whether they are colleagues, stakeholders or communities
- Improve and Empower People around us
- Take initiative and always focus on Customers
About the Team
This department fuel the growth of the Costa Group by providing leading edge industry IT solutions and services to the whole Company; IT&C in Costa stretches far beyond the traditional aspects of “hardware and software” being this team a key business enabler that advances technology tools, strategic development, collaboration, and decision making. The IT&C department enable faster and smarter decision making providing pioneering technology solutions to enhance guest experience and onboard services, working closely to other departments and partners to create the best tools to support operations and Company strategy.
If you will join this department you could lead big projects across multiple geographies that have significant impact on business results and will also drive business process designing change and solution improvements to processes and providing operational support to existing IT systems in its day-to-day operations.