Financial Systems Specialist – fixed termJob ID 7509 Date posted 01/02/2024 Date closes 29/02/2024 City GENOVA State LIGURIA Country Italy Job Type
Are you ready to dream, explore and discover with us? Let’s bring together your ambitions in action!
We are seeking adaptable individuals who are eager to tackle challenges, step out of their comfort zone, and embrace new experiences within our Financial Systems team.
Who we are:
Welcome to our global family! We take pride in our diverse community of over 20,000 professionals from 70 different countries and cultures. At Costa, we believe in open communication, positivity, and support. We foster an environment built on trust and transparency, where everyone's voice is heard.
How you’ll live your ambition:
As a Financial systems Specialist, you'll become an integral part of our Costa Finance Team in Genoa. In collaboration with the other members of the Financial Systems team, you'll contribute to essential processes for the Finance department such as month-end closing, automation of the integration between the accounting system and the other systems deployed at Costa Crociere, accounting system setup and maintenance, accounting system enhancements and evolutions.
Demonstrate your passion
- Your contribution will be valued and will have a tangible impact on our operations, enabling you to make a difference by ensuring compliance and alignment of the data flows feeding the Costa accounting system.
- You will enhance financial operations by fostering continuous coordination with the IT department and the other Finance teams (General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivable, Taxation, Financial Planning and Analysis).
- Your fresh perspective will be welcomed in participating in ongoing Finance projects, providing valuable support on business analysis and test activities under the guidance of subject matter experts.
Get things right
- How? You will support the Financial Systems teams to perform internal controls to ensure alignment with company polices and maintain SOX conformity.
- Using best judgment, analytical problem-solving and communications skills you will identify potential solutions to problems on the finance system processes and functionalities.
- Your attention to details and commitment to implementing compliant operations will lead you to ensure that business transactions are accounted automatically, in line with Accounting Principles and Company’s Policies.
- We count on you to perform constant reviews to maintain data accuracy and alignment between the finance system and the other systems that generate the data required by the accounting flows.
What makes you unique
- You have a true passion cultivated through previous studies and experiences in the IT and economicfields.
- You have strong knowledge of IT concepts (system integration, database, business analysis) and basic knowledge of General Accounting Principles
- You are determined to succeed, thanks to your solid background in IT and your willingness to improve your knowledge in the accounting and finance areas.
- You are able to communicate effectively, acting as a bridge between different cultures and mindsets, always doing your best to add value to whatever your do.
- You are capable of navigating uncertain waters and charting a clear course leveraging your skills on data analysis and requirement gathering.
- Optionally, you have knowledge of Oracle EBS and BI tools.
- You have international mindset and stakeholders management skills.
- As a global citizen, you embrace diversity and communicate fluently in English.
- Your passion for learning and embracing feedback fuels your continuous growth.
- We want to explore your potential with you. In that journey, you will have the opportunity to learn about the financial processes and operations that characterize a global company like Costa.
- You will have the chance to live your ambitions by immersing yourself in an exciting and meaningful experience in the cruise industry, guided by our subject matter experts.
- You'll be located at our Genoa offices, where our strategies come to life and our ships set sail. Plus, you'll have the flexibility to work remotely, adding an extra layer of freedom to your experience.
Diversity Equity & Inclusion
Costa is like a world within a world. Shipboard and shoreside, we are an extraordinary melting pot of different backgrounds, experiences, ages and cultures. Each of us brings unique insights and perspectives. All of us are valued and respected for who we are. Costa is a global community where everyone belongs.
Join us, let's set sail on an unforgettable journey together. Apply today to drive success and live your ambition!