Summer Internship - Hotel Services - Remote USJob ID 5482 Date posted 01/09/2023 City Fort Lauderdale State FL Country United States Job Type Full Time
Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
The Holland America Group Summer Internship Program is a 10-week paid (remote) summer internship opportunity designed to provide exposure and insight to professional careers in the amazing leisure travel, cruise industry. The selected interns will work on departmental projects as well as participate in professional development and enrichment activities.
2023 Program Dates (two options)
- Program runs 10 weeks from June 12th - August 18th Or June 19th - August 25th. (*END dates can be extended depending on department needs and students’ availability.)
- Eligible candidates are enrolled in a four-year accredited undergraduate program (where they are at least a rising junior) or in a graduate/Ph.D. program and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- MUST NOT be a graduating senior in summer 2023.
- Undergraduate - $25.00/hr, Graduate - $35.00/hr, Ph.D. - $45.00/hr
- Onboard Resolution & Post-Cruise Contacts Analytics, Hotel Services-the goal of this project is to drive a better understanding of the relationship between our onboard resolution efforts and the contacts that our brand receives post-cruise. Through detailed investigative analysis, we hope to uncover trends that create opportunities to improve our business processes, resolution effectiveness, and overall guest experience. This will entail working with multiple data sets, including our CRM, guest survey, and booking data, as well as the creation of dashboards and analytics that will provide actionable insights to our operations teams. Through these efforts, this project has the potential to provide a tangible and lasting business impact on Princess Cruises and the guests we serve.This role will report into our Hotel Operations team, where they will work alongside both business leaders as well as our data scientist and other analytics professionals within the organization. They will be responsible for delivering work products within the period that contribute to the overall project success.
- Dashboards & Reporting, Hotel Services-in this project you will be responsiblefor gathering and organizing data, to create departmental reports and dashboards.
- Training & Development - Instructional Designer & Content Management Solutions, Hotel Services- in this project you will have the opportunity to work with established trainers, designers, facilitators, and people managers to analyse, design, develop, implement, and evaluate training initiatives to ensure MedallionClass proceses are consistently followed through out the fleet at the highest level of quality. As part of our Teammate training solution, we own a content management system (CMS) called PrincessAnswers. This system has the potential to be an critical training and knowledge resource for our Teammates, but its further development has not been a priority due to the pandemic and then return to service. We are looking for an intern with an interest in adult learning, who is also highly organized and with experience or interest in project management, to analyze our current content, design a new approach to presenting and organizing content (within our unique constraints), and actualize this design so that Princess Answer is easier for our Teammates to navigate and use. This position will be responsible for attending video meetings via teams, researching and presenting instructional solutions to the team, designing and developing training, and if feasible, presenting training to Teammates.
- Hotel Operations Internship, Hotel Services- in this project you will be responsiblefor providing support with the daily hotel operational needs (Guest Services and Housekeeping), groups and weddings. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Hotel Ops leaders and will actively participate and support in the daily activities pertaining to Guest Services, Housekeeping, Groups & Weddings. We are looking for an intern with an interest in hotel operation, who is also highly organized and with good planning skills, guest-centric and with a passion for data analysis. This position will be responsible for attending video meetings via teams, researching, and presenting solutions to various topics and projects.
- Proficiency using MS office Suite including Outlook & MS Teams
- Ability to work independently, remotely and self-manage
- Well organized and able to communicate effectively with colleagues and managers.
- The types of duties the students will perform will vary and may require some technical tasks, projects and/or work that may require specific proficiencies, technical abilities and/or computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree – rising Junior/Senior or Master’s degree student.
- May include but not limited to: Data Science (highly preferred) or Advanced Business Analytics.
- May include but not limited to: Human Resources, Instructional Design, Instructional Technologies, Adult Education.
- Experience using programming languages, Python and R, and hands on experience with analytical tools, such as: Python (Numpy/Pandas), scikit-learn, CART, and/or statistical tools (e.g. R open source library).
- Advanced level proficiency with statistical, machine learning modeling techniques such as regression, decision trees, neural networks, support vector machines, supervised/unsupervised clustering techniques, experimental test design, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of SQL through written scripts for analysis and reporting (SQL, MySQL) and significant experience working with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g. Power BI & Tableau).
- Proficiency in Articulate 360, Content Management Systems- preferred
- Proficiency in Office – Excel, Power BI, Query Languages
What You Can Expect
- Gain valuable experience. Gain confidence.
- Explore a new career path.
- Opens the opportunity to a future full-time job at Holland America Group after graduation.
- Develop and refine skills.
- Network with professionals in the field.
- Develop an understanding of the type of working environment, field and industry that align with your career goals.
- Obtain job-related skills and experiences that will enhance your qualifications for future opportunities.
- Our 2023 application period will close on February 28, 2023.
Our Culture… Stronger Together
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/
Princess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)