Senior Director, Special EventsJob ID 5266 Date posted 11/22/2022 City Fort Lauderdale State FL Country United States Job Type Full Time
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess is the world’s leading international premium cruise line and tour company, carrying millions of guests each year to hundreds of destinations around the globe. With parent company Carnival Corporation, Princess has introduced Medallion Class Vacations. This award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to an effortless, personalized vacation.
We’re looking for an amazing Sr Director, Special Events to fill this role, which is based in our Fort Lauderdale office. You’ll be responsible for in collaborating, planning, producing, and executing events across the company. Special events may include for Princess Cruises, brand collaborations, and involve groundbreaking launch or premier events, retail engagement events and other small celebrations. This role must have a deep understanding of the full event process, including content creation, marketing, and logistics.
Here’s a summary of what Princess is looking for in its Sr Director, Special Events. Is this you?
- Plans and executes Princess Cruises special events, Sales and Marketing functions to include but not limited to shipboard events, ship launches, new product initiatives and sales trade shows
- Works with Executive Leadership, shipboard leadership, as well as external collaborators, including travel partners for all event logistics. This role will oversee complete project management inclusive of concept development through to execution and follow up
- Manages the planning process. Develops agendas, projected budgets and services according to the event requirements
- Assesses client meeting needs with focus on the client experience to determine the most appropriate room, set-up, food and beverage, caterer, floral, meeting materials, equipment, etc. for the audience. Provide suggestions to internal business partners that aid in the overall outcome of the meeting. This also includes event logistics, permits, accommodation, transfers
- Approach all encounters with VIP guests in a professional and personalized manner coordinating all aspects of requests and special needs of VIPs guests.
- Oversee the creative direction of events using creativity and decisiveness when planning special events
- Accountable for event budgets to include: budget projection for proposal, budget management during planning process, contract negotiation, review/payment of final invoices, and event fiscal reconciliation/documentation Negotiates contracts
- Maintains records of all event aspects including financial details to ensure financial accuracy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or a related field
- 15+ years of experience in event management industry
- Proven project management skills with a strong understanding of the cruise industry.
- Proven experience within special events field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficiency and outstanding organizational skills
- Must have the ability to work creatively and innovate.
- Collaborative team member
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and track details
- Excellent interpersonal skills to adjust to diverse types of clients, managers, colleagues and suppliers
- Friendly, positive, and customer centric
- Ability and willingness to travel and flexibility to work outside of standard office hours, as needed to execute events and complete necessary and time sensitive tasks (early mornings, late nights and weekends)
- Project management - ability to understand scope, create timelines and detailed event forecasts, and deliver on time to budget
- 10+ years of previous project and/or client management experience, preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Holland America is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time (e.g., H-1B status).
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together
Our highest responsibilities and top priorities are compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:
Princess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)Princess will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact email@example.com