Manager, Food and BeverageJob ID 5269 Date posted 12/03/2022 City Denali National Park State AK Country United States Job Type Full Time
Food & Beverage Manager-Denali, AK
Service Excellence. Performance. Integrity. Teamwork. Consistency. Innovation.
Our Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge is looking for a Food & Beverage Manager. This position will oversee all aspects of our food and beverage operations including all front and back of house positions and/or warehouse operations.
- Manages all facets of the food and beverage operations of the hotel to meet guest satisfaction.
- Assists in menu development of the hotel.
- Monitors and tracks food sales. Recommends strategies to increase revenue goals and guest satisfaction.
- Complies with all management responsibilities in accordance withCompany policies, objectives and applicable government laws and regulations.
- Adheres to and enforces Health, Environment, Safety, Security (HESS) requirements.
- Adheres to and enforces Risk Advisory and Assurance Services (RAAS) requirements.
- Maintains accounting and inventory systems; actively manages and monitors ordering, receiving and warehouse operations within company guidelines.
- Analyzes and prepares reports and maintains records.
- Participates in "Manager on Duty" program.
- Participates in the interviewing, hiring and training of all hotel team members.
- Responsible for the supervision, performance management, salary administration, corrective action, and training of directly assigned personnel.
- This position normally requires a professional level of knowledge in food and beverage services equivalent to that which would be acquired through the completion of an Associate or Culinary degree. Demonstration of directly related work experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirement.
- This job normally requires three years of progressively responsible positions in restaurant or food and beverage management. Demonstrated supervisory experience in a business environment is required.
- Must have or the ability to obtain an Alaska Food Handlers card.
- Must have or the ability to obtain an Alaska alcohol server card.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check including a credit report.
- Participates in HAP’s safety culture to ensure a safe workplace for all team members and a safe vacation experience for all guests.
- Dedicated to delivering excellent customer service to all guests, coworkers, and vendors.
- Participates in HAP’s sustainability program, aka “Sustain Alaska & the Yukon”, and efforts by actively recycling (where available), reducing waste, and educating guests about our commitment to the environment.
- Commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States. Holland America-Princess is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time (e.g., H-2B status).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications, with working knowledge of computerized point of sales (POS) systems, Excel and Word.
- The ability to prioritize work, maintain attention to time constraints, while working in a team or group environment. You must also have the ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain attention to detail and accuracy, supervise and manage staff.
- The ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and external influences.
- Ability to communicate, coordinate and collaborate with multiple departments, management, and staff.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to support and comply with company policies, procedures and guidelines including support and comply with company health and safety standards.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- 401(k) Plan Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture…Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/.
Holland America Line and Princess are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.