Assistant Manager, Transportation ServicesJob ID 6971 Date posted 09/15/2023 City Anchorage State AK Country United States Job Type Full Time
Assistant Manager, Transportation - Anchorage, AK
Service Excellence. Performance. Integrity. Teamwork. Consistency. Innovation.
Holland America Line and Princess Cruises united as HAP-Alaska/Yukon Land Operations. We’re innovators in Alaska and Yukon tourism and advocates for the environment. Our team supports a combined fleet of ships sailing to Alaska each summer, operating lodges and hotels, luxury motor coaches and the largest domed rail cars in the world. Our guests experience both luxury and adventure that is truly unmatched.
We’re looking for an amazing transportation professional to fill this role, which is based in our Anchorage office. You’ll be responsible for the supervision, performance management, salary administration, discipline, and training of directly assigned personnel.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Line and Princess is looking for in its Assistant Manager, Transportation Services. Is this you?
- Recruits, interviews and hires employees
- Prepares schedules, monitors operations, processes reports.
- Supervises the Transportation Services team and the unit’s activities.
- Applies knowledge of transportation regulations and laws, Company product, policies, and procedures.
- Analyzes and prepares reports.
- Collaborate and assist with customer service training
- Potential to drive guests on tours
- Attend, participate and report on industry meetings and committees.
- This job normally requires a professional level of knowledge in transportation services or operations equivalent to that which would be acquired through the completion of an associate degree. Demonstration of directly related work experience, may be considered in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Experience supervising employees in a transportation services, customer service, logistical or business environment.
- Strong customer service skills, leadership, and general training skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business application, with working knowledge of computerized reservations systems.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, to maintain an attention to detail, while working in a group or team environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, with all levels of employees, management, and customers.
- This job normally requires three years of progressively responsible positions in transportation services operations.
- Commercial Driver's License certification with passenger and airbrake endorsements is required. (The opportunity to secure the license through the Company paid training program is available.)
- Current, valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Holland America Line/Princess is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time (e.g., H-1B status).
Abilities, Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications, with working knowledge of computerized reservations systems, Excel and Word.
- The ability to prioritize work, maintain attention to time constraints, while working in a team or group environment. You must also have the ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain attention to detail and accuracy, supervise and manage staff.
- The ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and external influences.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision while achieving daily goals.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate, coordinate and collaborate with multiple departments, management, and staff.
- Ability to support and comply with company policies, procedures and guidelines including support and comply with company health and safety standards.
- Ability to work varied shifts and days of the week based on business scheduling needs.
- Ability to stand/walk/work on feet for minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your family
- Health Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/.
Holland America Line and Princess are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America Line and Princess will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org