Manager, CommunicationsJob ID 1899 Date posted 08/31/2021 City Santa Clarita State CA Country United States Job Type Full Time
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess is the world’s leading international premium cruise line and tour company, carrying millions of guests each year to hundreds of destinations around the globe. With parent company Carnival Corporation, Princess has introduced MedallionClass Vacations. This award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to an effortless, personalized vacation.
While cruising paused worldwide, we laid the groundwork to take our company to even greater success, with fresh perspectives and new ways of working. We’re looking for a Manager, Communications to help lead our efforts. This position oversees internal and executive communications campaigns that engage key audiences on the organization’s brand narrative and promise, operational business, and priority core value and culture initiatives. It develops creative and comprehensive materials necessary to drive and support the organization’s goals and priorities.
We’re looking for an amazing communications professional to fill this role, which is based in our Santa Clarita, CA office location. Princess offers strong compensation and outstanding benefits including cruise travel.
Here’s a summary of what Princess is looking for in its Manager, Communications. Is this you?
- Ensures company’s shared purpose/mission, culture essentials/core values, and business goals are represented in internal-facing communications and design deliverables.
- Provides positive, proactive, and trusted counsel to stakeholders at all levels.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to craft written and oral messaging, including scripts, presentations, video, speaking points, memos, and social content in their voice and/or the voice of the brand.
- Creates innovative and comprehensive communications strategies. Owns tactical delivery of communication materials for internal and other audience groups.
- Develops and operationalizes multiple communication vehicles, including but not limited to: intranet websites, newsletters, presentations, talking points, digital content, letters, brochures, training materials, speeches, employee webinars/forums/town halls, and video scripts.
- Liaises with partner teams across the organization (HR, IT) to design and enhance a variety of communications work products for distribution across internal channels. Partner with parent and sister companies to ensure timely and successful translation of messages to the brand teams, as well as manage shared channels (ex: intranet, email distribution).
- Supports employee engagement events as required, including annual holiday party, brand town halls, ship inaugurals, partnerships, and other major company moments.
- Self directs work to ensure timely and accurate portrayal of messages and materials. Effectively manage resources, including temps, contractors, vendors, agencies, or other as assigned, to deliver outstanding results.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program.
- 8+ years progressive experience in corporate communications (with five years focused on internal or executive communications preferred).
- Experience leading by influence in a complex organization.
- Highly proficient in CMS, Microsoft Office 365, and emerging communications technologies.
- A confident and creative world-class communicator. Expert in crafting all forms of communication including spoken, written, video, event, social, and web.
- A concise and compelling writer.
- Ability to select and assertively communicate actions and activities that maximize organization performance. Understanding of the need to carefully evaluate the impact of emerging business situations and choose the best path forward.
- Knowledge of effective project management strategies and tactics. Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources to achieve project objectives.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the means, tools, techniques, and channels to communicate information about the organization to all relevant audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- A professional who inspires confidence in senior leaders and others.
- Passionate about great work.
- A positive and enthusiastic team player.
- Master’s degree in Communication or other related field.
- Knowledge of cruise industry's trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters a plus; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges For You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training& Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/.
Princess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Princess will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org